Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Is there any better

1. Default Is there any better

As a wyoming fly guy I recently moved to colorado springs. I been to miricale mile, outlaw canyon and bout every great fishing spot in wyoming I LOVED IT but now here I get mixed info from all on the fishing. I dont know any fly guys here so if anyone knows where is a good place to start I would appreciate any info. I can travel daily bout 20 minutes from colorado springs to be able to fish for 3 or so hours thank god for unemployeement huh LOL I figure if im gonna be on the list may as well fish so give me some info on the springs please thanks and keep them lines tight boys (and girls)
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life:
    SO GO FISHING

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is there any better

Larry: You are not to far from Deckers, Cheesman Canyon, the Colorado Miracle Mile (the South Platte).......just head west on hwy 24 you will find some superb fly fishing.

Larry

Blog Entries

L 2,

Since I already know one Larry here you are going to be L 2, hope you don't mind.

You need to PM 'Yatahey' he lives in Woodland Park. I used to live in the Springs but you will do better with real time info from people who are there now not some guy who's been gone so long. Search the members for 'Yatahey' that's his user name.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

Ard: That was an excellent suggestion, Yat really knows the local waters and should be able to point L2 in the right direction. Hopefully, Yat will see this thread and chime in.

Larry

5. Default Re: Is there any better

Riverside, WY is not that far away..

Blog Entries

Catman: Depends on what you call "Not Far". Riverside, WY is just across the Snowy's from me about 90 miles west, but Colorado Springs is about 4 1/2 hours south via I-25.

Larry

7. Default Re: Is there any better

Sorry I didn't see you had moved to the Springs area from WY.
    The AR river in Buena Vista is very nice & north to Leadville..

8. Default Re: Is there any better

Hey Larry,
    Just saw your post. Welcome to the neighborhood.
    So you are unemployed right now?
    I'm out of work too at the moment but not due to lack of work. I racked up my shoulder helping a neighbor move a freezer a couple weeks ago and can't work right now.
    I've been fishing a little bit last week or so. Working on my left hand casting. It's not going well, but I can still get a fly out a bit. It's been toughest trying to cast a dry against the wind.

Anyway, yeah, there's some good fishing around here. I'll PM my phone number. Give me a call and I'll fill you in.

Larry,
    You need to configure your personal settings to be able to recieve and send Personal Messages. Send me one when you get your settings changed.

9. Default Re: Is there any better

Thanks for the info all, I use to fish miricale mile, alcova. and outlaw canyon, and north platte all the time in wyoming but its bout 6 hours from here so was lookin for something closer.
    yatahey i changed preference so it should work now. thanks for the info nice to meet you as well
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life:
    SO GO FISHING