Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Rain Gear

Default Rain Gear

I took a ride past one of the major trout streams the other day & it was raining pretty hard. I noticed about most of the fisherman had their raingear over their vest but the rest had their vest over their raingear..I've noticed this before & can't figure out why they get their vest wet. How do you wear your raingear?

Default Re: Rain Gear

It depends on the weather. If it's dead summer, I don't worry about it. Most other times, I use my wading jacket. Never had it out with my vest, though. I thought about, but then thought I'd feel rather foolish with my vest and my jacket. I don't have any pants, but I should pick some up sometime.
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    What manner of jackassery will I be subjected to today?

3. Default Re: Rain Gear

Quote Originally Posted by axle27 View Post
    I don't have any pants, but I should pick some up sometime.
    In lieu of your lack of trousers, please refrain from wading any shallower than waist deep. The tourists will thank you.

That would depend on the tourist.....my wife would probably die of embarrassment....

Blog Entries

When I fish in the rain I scale down my amount flies tippets & etc that I carry and put it all in the pockets of my rain jacket. That way hopefully I'll have what I need, it'll be dry, so will I and I won't look pregnant.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

I suppose you could also put on a "butt" pack and have it underneath your rain jacket.

I put my vest on over by rainwear, depending on the rainwear I am wearing that day. If my vest gets wet, it gets wet. Better rain soaking it than me falling in and getting it wet. A vest should hold up to the elements and if it does not than why buy that vest? Of course I have a like $200 vest I bought for 1/3 of the price.

I've gotten caught in the rain with the result that my fly vest gets soaked. This makes it very heavy...I'd say unpleasantly heavy. Also, everything in it gets wet, so I have to take it all out to dry. The flies in their boxes don't get very wet, but you want to make sure they dry. So I put my vest under my raingear...and am trying to remeber to take my raingear even if there's a slight chance of rain.

In Minnesota we don't have bad weather, just bad clothing choices.
    We're all in the same boat. We all come 'ere and we don't know why. We all go in our turn and we don't know where. If you are a bit better off, be thankful. And if you don't get into trouble an' make a fool of yourself, well, be thankful for that,'cos you easily might.--J.B.Priestley