Landing Net

axle27

Reaction score
Currently, I have an off-the-shelf landing net with the old style net on it (woven thread). I've been thinking about getting a better one.

As usual, I don't want to break the bank. Any suggestions?

Rip Tide

Reaction score
Get a kit
Build your own
I've done a couple for gifts and they were very well received

Trout Net Kits

The net that I carry myself was my grandfather's that which I refinished and replaced the bag

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Axel,

Follow Rip Tides advise and link, the nets look great.

Rip Tide,

Thanks for the link, don't use nets much but that long handled steelhead job would be nice sometimes.

Ard

saltflytyer

Reaction score
Currently, I have an off-the-shelf landing net with the old style net on it (woven thread). I've been thinking about getting a better one.

Hi, the measure net comes in a a rubber net and they are quite inexpensive.

FISHN50

Reaction score
Cabella's just had a "clear Rubber Net bag" one on sale for $29.99. I picked one up but haven't used it yet...I going up to GLS in Maine for 2 wks tomorrow & i'll try it on salmon then. I hope.........
Neil

saltflytyer

Reaction score

I am a tropical lightning creations fanatic, I have several in koa, mango, cocobolo, with mesh and rubber coated nets. The nets arent as good as the new pvc nets, but they sure are purrty!
They MOST DEFINITELY WILL BREAK YOUR BANK THO! Since TLC has gone out of business and my nets havent been fished, I am asking retail since they will probably be collectors items! Starting at $65 for large teardrop macnut mesh net, up to $100 for cocobolo c&r rubber coated net, to $125 for pontoon sized koa net, $125 for cocobolo C&R net with boat size c&r hoop, $150 for boat mango net, $150 for mango large fly box with 25 flies of your choice of steelhead, saltwater, or trout dries and nymphs.

BigCliff

Reaction score
Cabella's just had a "clear Rubber Net bag" one on sale for $29.99. I picked one up but haven't used it yet...I going up to GLS in Maine for 2 wks tomorrow & i'll try it on salmon then. I hope.........
Neil
I'm looking into getting one of those too, but I don't think its quite burly enough for salmon.

No matter what, I'd go with a rubber netted one so you're not spending 5min/fish getting the other fly out when you're fishing dropper rigs.

Fly2Fish

Reaction score
Like you, I had a net with that woven green netting with knots that I wanted to replace with something more "fish-friendly". I first got a replacement black rubber net from Cabelas. It fit fine, but I was surprised how much weight the black rubber added. I then bought a replacement clear PVC net from Brolin which is much lighter.

Frankly, I was surprised how easy it was to change out my netting, since I use one of those telescoping collapsible nets from Norway and thought that its unusual triangular shape would make it hard to fit a replacement net. Not the case at all.