Photos of New Riverboat !!!

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been busy working both at home and away but the fish are starting to show and we are getting ready to go. This boat was used three times prior to our buying it, 18.5' tunnel hull with good cargo space and room for three.
View attachment 2332

View attachment 2333

View attachment 2334

Larry & Frank, you guys know about this style of boat and I'm sure it looks familiar to you both. I would have liked the 34K Wooldrige but then I ride a KLR 650 not a Goldwing. This will get it done.

Ard

Attachments

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
If I painted that motor Nancy would........... well she wouldn't like it. I'm taking it to the mouth of the Little Su tomorrow.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Jimmie,

It came with a 35 Hp. Hydro jet with 9hrs. use on it. We would like to have a bigger motor but the one with the boat seems to push it along well. Our old boat had a 115 hp. Evinrude on it but the weight of the motor alone affected the draft of the boat. This rig will run shallow, real shallow. The good news is Honda outboards have a good reputation for dependability and fuel economy.

When you get right down to it I'm really not in a hurry. Going fast is how you miss seeing the nest with the two baby eagles in it or the brown bear just inside the treeline.

Jimmie

Reaction score
Ard:
I love that boat. I've googled everything that I can think to see if I can find one in this area. Gooled "riverboat"; "sockeye"; "aluminum"; etc. Any ideas?
BTW there are some pretty good deals on others.
Jimmie

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Ard,

That motor will work fine with a light load. If you load up for a trip to the cabin it might be another story.

Hey Jimmie,

Do a search on Jet Boats. You will get a ton of listings.

Frank

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Newcondo,

Your question is not clear to me. Are you asking for more information about jet powered river boats in general? Or, are you asking for more information about the boat that Ard bought?

Frank

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Sweet rig Ard. What's the draft on something like that? It looks like it will run on wet grass. It looks like a perfect river runner.

And how does it run in bays with a little chop? Does it shatter teeth?

Good luck with it!

mark