Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Default heading to Washinton State

hey everyone. me and my best friend are going to washington state next saturday to fly fish the mnt lakes and some of the rivers. what type of gear should we take with us?"like flies, tippet, flyline, leaders,"? we use mostly buggers and muddlers here in WV and we arent quite sure how to go about nymphing. any info would be great thanks.

Zach

2. Default Re: heading to Washinton State

Quote Originally Posted by WVflyfisher View Post
    hey everyone. me and my best friend are going to washington state next saturday to fly fish the mnt lakes and some of the rivers. what type of gear should we take with us?"like flies, tippet, flyline, leaders,"? we use mostly buggers and muddlers here in WV and we arent quite sure how to go about nymphing. any info would be great thanks.

Zach
    When I was looking for fly fishing forums, I came across one strictly for fly fishing in Washington Washington Fly Fishing Forum sorry I cannot provide any more help than that.

Default Re: heading to Washinton State

most rivers and strems are going to be bumped up and look like a mud slide right now yo might find a small freestone creek that will be good I dont know were you are going but I used to head up to the pasayten wilderness area and right now there is still going to be snow up there so not sure were your heading but ya fishing the big name rivers in the west can be fun and yes bringing in a 20-30 inch brown may also be fun Iam more of the person I like getting in 5 or so miles off the road and catch little 12 inch cutts or brookies that will rise to a piece of grass tied on a hook so be sure to post some pics if you happen to find some open lakes!