Bluefly Cafe

bekiu002

Reaction score
Hello, Everyone
I just wanted to share how impressed I am with Bluefly Cafe. I posted a couple requests for different flies on here, I took many peoples advice and order several different flies from two places. I ordered a package set of 20 flies from Orvis, two days later I ordered a random assortment of flies from Bluefly. Bluefly shipped the same day (Friday), and arrived within 3 days (Today). Orvis says theirs will ship by this Thursday, I got free shipping from both so I'm not going to complain about Orvis. I don't have a fly shop close to me (hour-hour and a half drive), so I think I know where I will be doing my fly shopping from now on. I told this story to my fiance and she didnt care one bit, so I thought I'd tell it on her.
Thanks Cabot

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Hey Cabot, good luck with them, hope they catch for you..

What did you end up getting?

jimw

Reaction score
I get most of my trout flies from bluefly and have had good luck. i prefer to ty my own but my fingers and eyes wont work on anything under size 12.

bekiu002

Reaction score
I bought a collection of clousers, muddler minnows, zonkers, wolly buggers, and a couple different nymphs (pheasant tails, etc). I am upping my arsenal.

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Great choices-- they're all great bass patterns, and the muddlers and zonkers are great streamers for trout too. And the nymphs are great for trout and panfish. Good luck with them.

mark

troutslayer

Reaction score
I just received some flies from Discount Flies and I was very impressed with the quality. I have some on order from Orvis as well and they are good quality as well. They happen to be on sale with free freight.

kruggy1

Reaction score
I just checked out bluefly cafe for the first time, now on my favorites....LOL
Looks like you got some great deals on your flies BEKIU002, hope they work out for you!!!

Does anyone know how bluefly cafe flies compare to fly shacks, thats were I USED to order from?????

mdbick

Reaction score
I work just up the road from their store in Boise. I've had nothing but great luck with their flies.

bekiu002

Reaction score
The flies I ordered from Orvis finally arrived today. They look very good, but I think I'm sold on Bluefly. The question is, when will I have time to give them a good test run.
Thanks, Cabot

Teamanglerx

Reaction score
I use blue fly a lot (in fact all my flies are from there). They had a problem with a hook shortage but I talked to them 2 weeks ago and they are now getting things caught up. If you need a specific fly and the website says they are out of them call them on the phone and they will work with you.

Cygnus

Reaction score
Re: Bluefly Cafe - horrible customer service

I will never order from Bluefly cafe their customer service is horrible. I ordered some poppers and they never came and afeter numerous emails they finally told me that they were on backorder. Forget this site.:icon_cry: