What music do you listen to?

Pocono

Reaction score
This is strictly an off-the-cuff thread and not very content rich for a fly fishing forum, but I think a lot of us listen to music while we're tying flies; if we''re not at the stream when we're tying.

I was headed over to my garage to start punching out the body patterns for the Chernobyl Ants that I'm tying up for Bear's Terrestrial Swap and I grabbed a CD. I flipped it into the machine, sat down and thought, I wonder what the others listen to? I was listening to Debussy's Greatest Hits, but a couple of weeks ago when I was tying up some chironomids and Catskill dries for Jean-Paul (Jbbfly) it was Lady Gaga's album, the Fame.

So, what's your favorite music to tie flies by?

arfishinbear

Reaction score
Usally George Strait,or other country, but once in awhile I'll throw in old rock,
older pop like hot chocolate, and even some blues.
Bear

Troutwhisperer

Reaction score
Mostly willie nelson: on the road again, whiskey river, seven spanish angels. his older stuff.

I like some of the new country but mostly willie nelson, john denver, johny cash. the old stuff and some bluegrass.

Steelhead Junkie

Reaction score
I usually listen to books on tape, not so much music. I've listened to one tape so much that when I hear it, I just have to tie a fly. LOL

flyfisher117

Reaction score
it all kind of depends on my mood i may listen to some country on a calm day but wonce in a while i like to pop in something hardcore like devil wears prada or sky eats airplane

Pocono

Reaction score
I usually don't choose because the radio is on...but if I could I'd listen to Rachmaninov...:tongue:eek:r to Schubert's Trout...of course:frogdance
Found myself a little short on Sergei's orchetral tunes, but managed to grab a good CD by the "old Wolf" from Salzburg and enjoyed a little night music as I worked my way through another few Chernobly ants! :icon_wink

Was at a WAM festival at the old scholss in Salzburg 10 years ago; impressive, something I won't soon forget.

Some say that most modern philosophy is simply annotations to Plato (although I think that Bertrand Russel might have some problems with that position). Perhaps most modern music; shedding its tribal beat, is simply annotations to Mozart (?)

By the way, I now have "Jaco" on;' sort of a tribute to a incredible entertainer with a few idiosyncracies. Still think that his album "Thriller" is probaby one of the all-time best rock albums :icon_excl

Jimmie

Reaction score
90% Country; 10% Pop. Put my Ipod on shuffle to play a mix, but like it best when Dwight Yokum or George Strait are playing.

Waterboy

Reaction score
Any of Jimmy Buffett's albums but mainly Songs You Know by Heart. Sometimes I listen to Steve Miller or Jim Morris.

9ason

Reaction score
I usually listen to Dora the Explorer, Baby Einstein, or other kids' shows. It seems to be the only way to keep little fingers away from sharp hooks.

buck76

Reaction score
I don't know why, but Nirvana or the Foo Fighters usually. Sometimes Jimmy Hendrix.