steelhead fly tying time!!

GeorgeMcFly

Reaction score
its about that time so i am refilling my box of steelhead goodies!! tied up a 18 eggs just now. 6 oregon cheese and 6 peach/orange dot and 6 clown eggs. for the clown used peach/egg/oregon cheese/flo orange and cherise!. here is some pix. gonna tie up some more in single color eggs in pink and chartreuse and orange and natural egg too heard blye was good but do not have that. might get it and try it. heard its good when its getting dark outside or really cloudy?. post a couple more soon pix when i get done with those. I am gonna be all egged out after I get done with these but they sure do kick some steelie butt!! then its on to the other greats! crystal meths and white angora sucker spawns and then some wiggle stones!! give me a couple days to get it all done. I will post the flies as I get um done. this is getting me pumped!!!

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
GMF,

They are certainly one of the most effective patterns you can use for the steelhead. You have it down pat, good shape, right size, nice work.

Ard

GeorgeMcFly

Reaction score
thanks hardyreels., they work good. I use size 12 scud hooks to make them. caught alot last year on them. I use size 10 scuds and make sucker spawn and crystal meth flies and they work great especially with a single egg tandem fly. couldn't get any flies done today. had to hang out with the lady tonight instead :). will make more tomorrow tho! post when they are done

GeorgeMcFly

Reaction score
George, Teach the Lady to tye and spend some special time with her...:D

Dan
if she was interested I would prolly get more tying done!! she does like arts and crafts but when i showed her the other day she didn't seem too interested. I always semm to pick the women who don't like what I like! oh well tho! at least going fishing gives me a excuse to get away from them for awhile! haha!! ;)

thanks jjb gonna tie up some more eggs in a couple. keep ya posted!

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
McFly: Great work on the egg patterns, hope you have as much luck with the steelies as you did last year! We want photos! LOL!

Larry

GeorgeMcFly

Reaction score
heard of a few reports of steel trickling in! gonna get out asap and post a report! keep ya guys posted!

GeorgeMcFly

Reaction score
crystal meth anyone? I am talking bout the spawn! get your mind out of the gutter!!! :lol: lol

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 PM ----------

6 pink glo eggs! onto chartreuse next!!! :eek:

GeorgeMcFly

Reaction score
very sparkly and eye catching...I like them!! :)
the recipe is diamond braid(flouro orange, pink or chartruese and also pearl) then some pearl krystal flash for a tail and red thread using size 10 scud hook. if u need the recipe pm me or search sucker spawn on youtube can use angora rabbit yarn also for the fly.
works very good especially with a single egg dropper. have caught both steelhead and sucker fish on all these colors.

kelkay

Reaction score
thanks for the tips...I haven't been able to do any salmon fishing cause I don't live near any salmon at all...but if I can make a trip, I will be sure to tie some of these babies up!! :D