Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need ideas..

1. Default need ideas..

i am bored.. i need ideas of things to tie... i have about another week of sitting around before my tonsils area is healed... please give me ideas on what to tie... i will tie it and post pics when done...

Blog Entries

Default Re: need ideas..

Hi,

What type materials do you have there? If you want to tie dry flies, make me a Ginger Quill and a Light Cahill. That will keep you busy for the night

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

When I'm bored and want to tie for "fun" I like to tie big stuff and vary colors. Steelhead flys, big hoppers and stones, foam and deerhair. 4's, 6's and 8's.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privilege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey

Blog Entries

Since you are really good with deer hair patterns how bout a couple Whitlock Sculpins?

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

5. Default Re: need ideas..

ok.. thanks for the ideas... i will work on a few of those... i have a 20 year collection of materials so i will have to dig a lil... .. pics to come later..

i like the Whitlock Sculpins.. i dont have some of the colors needed but i will make it work..

Blog Entries

There is a list of recipes submitted by forum members here. Something might catch your fancy.

MP

Quote Originally Posted by ctious View Post
    ok.. thanks for the ideas... i will work on a few of those... i have a 20 year collection of materials so i will have to dig a lil... .. pics to come later..

i like the Whitlock Sculpins.. i dont have some of the colors needed but i will make it work..
    Don't forget to make one of these: *DOUBLE* Articulated Streamer

I tried it a couple of days ago...I havn't made a second one yet and I'd like to make one with a deer hair head; I'd also like to make it in olive with some flash, but I can't find my olive zonkers; swear I had some....

Please whip one up, I'd like a second opinion on these monsters!!

8. Default Re: need ideas..

Quote Originally Posted by ausablebrown View Post
    Don't forget to make one of these: *DOUBLE* Articulated Streamer

I tried it a couple of days ago...I havn't made a second one yet and I'd like to make one with a deer hair head; I'd also like to make it in olive with some flash, but I can't find my olive zonkers; swear I had some....

Please whip one up, I'd like a second opinion on these monsters!!
    those are beasts... but i may need to make some for muskie... maybe use raccoon instead of rabbit... it will be huge...lol

When you finish your traditional standby's, and some of the great patterns from the archieves here is another idea, foam hoppers, cicadas, beetles, spiders, ants.

10. Default Re: need ideas..

first one.. forgot a few small things... will tie more... i need some smaller eyes... and some different colors.. also forgot some red gills....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast