A big thanks to pocono

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to officially thank Pocono for the great work he has done on his Tutorials. Sometimes the thanks for his efforts get lost in the other post associated with the threads. Allan, your tutorials are very complete with easy to follow photos. You have made it easy for even the newest fly tier to tie some great flies. I know that all members of NAFFF are appreciative of your effort and help.

Frank

Jimmie

Reaction score
Couldn't wait to jump on this thread.
The tutorials were great, and much appreciated Pocono.

Good for you to post this Frank.

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great idea Frank:thumbsup:As I've already told you I was disappointed and a bit angry not to see more thanks for Allan's outstanding job:(
Congrats again Allan;)

FlyBum

Reaction score
Allen:

Your tutorials are well written, thorough, easy to understand, and all the pictures are incredible. You should consider writing a book on fly tying you deserve to be paid for all your effort.
Thank you very much all of us are beneficiaries of your great work.

-Tom

dean_mt

Reaction score
Absolutely! I've thoroughly enjoyed following the current wet/streamer tie-along. Great images with clear instructions. And the fly bio, if you will, at the beginning of each is fun.

Thanks Allan.

Pocono

Reaction score
Well thanks, everyone! :) :) :)

I've enjoyed doing the tutorials and have learned a lot as I've gone through the process.

Once I get myself re-situated, I plan to propose some other tie-alongs, with tutorials, to the forum; probably toward the end of this year. So, keep an eye out if you're interested.

Thanks again! And thank you Frank.

Pocono (Allan)

twfitw

Reaction score
I agree agree! Can't thank you enough Allan for the work you have put in! I am learning such a great deal from these and would be excited to get involved in more! You are truly an asset!

mojo

Reaction score
:thumbsupu:thumbsupu:thumbsupu:thumbsupu:thumbsupu
Alan, Allen, Allan. And Allen Fy Fishing -what's not to like.
Can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Excellent job Allen (Pocono Allen)

Alan

futuramille

Reaction score
This forum would lack significant quality without guys like pocono. Its the
Members that make a forum and folks like him make nafff great.

Chears to pocono but also the dozen plus others that are truly dedicated to this site. ...answering posts with quality comments, advice, and honest concern. Thank you all.

littledavid123

Reaction score
One of the many reasons that I enjoy this site so much is the willingness of its members to sacrifice personal time to help educate and enhance the enjoyment of this honored sport.

Allen you are an inspiration to all of us... Thank you

Dave

Davo

Reaction score
Thanks Allen for all your hard work and dedication, but most of all for sharing your passion of fly fishing and tying with all of us here on the forum!!:bowdown:

fyshstykr

Reaction score
You've done a fantastic job and you are a very talented tier. This forum is the best around, and even better with you being here and doing what you do.
Thank You!:)

Flityer

Reaction score
Have to agree with everyone here ! Allan you do a great job!! It isn't every day you will find someone to put in the effort you do with these tutorials. It's a gigantic job and you do it very well .. Hat's off to you Allan for teaching people your passion of fly tying with your very informative threads!!:)

wovenstonefly

Reaction score
I agree with everyone's comments. Thanks again for the killer tutorials. They can be a pain for sure but yours are to notch :worthy:

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Amen! Great work Allan, excellent tutorials and your tie-alongs have generated a ton of interest.

Joni

Reaction score
Poc, you soooooo rock. I didn't tie many of these, but it was great looking!