Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default anyone deal with Anvil vises before?

i have an Apex by Anvil tieing vise and it is in pretty bad shape...its got a lifetime warrenty and i sent them an email but havent heard anything from them yet...anyone ever deal with them on the warrenty side of things

Default Re: anyone deal with Anvil vises before?

I haven't used one-- or know anyone that has had any issues with one that required servicing, but have heard good things about the vise and the company so i'm surprised you're not getting a response.

The vise does have a lifetime warranty. If you don't get any response to your email you could call them at their HQ number: 812-376-2775

I'm sure members of this forum would like to hear a happy ending about Anvil resolving any issues with the vise, so please let us know how this turns out.

What problems are you having with it?
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by peregrines View Post
    What problems are you having with it?
    The problem i have with it is the vise was left in my garage from my move and the jaw piece has rusted badly...if i dont hear from them today i will call them...the vise hasnt been used in quite some time but i hope they will fix it.

Hi Luke,

You might have a problem. Lifetime Warranties are usually for manufacture defects. If it was left in the elements, moisture or such, they may not consider that normal use. It is true that it is made from stainless steel but some stainless rusts under certain conditions. Your best bet is to call them and hope for the best.

Frank

I have sold them in the past and can get them on order, I don't think they will honor the warrenty since you left it out in the elements. None of the vice co.'s will cover that condition.
    sandfly/ bob
    (www.bigmeadowsflyshop.com)
    N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
    from the outer edge of nowhere
    fly tying and fishing Gillie..

just thought i would update ya'll on this so ya know....i never did recieve an email responce from Anvil and kind of had forgot about it and i thought about it today and called them...they said they have had a few issues in the past with the Jaw assy on the Apex vise and that it was a warrentied part even though the conditions of the problem with it being left in my garage and they said they will send me a new jaw rebuild kit in the mail tomorrow...so i am pretty happy with the service from Anvil....so we shall see how it all works out.....pretty pleased so far with them...been lookin and getting a Rotary here some time and after this im thinkin i might have to look at the Anvil Atlas

anyways jsut thought i would let ya know what happened with it if you run into someone else with a problem