Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Default Late night Silver Doctor

I've decided I do my best tying way to late at night. I have been up recording the rerun of the Olympic opener. By the way, did you see that? Wow! But I digress, while I was up doing it, I decided to try a fairly hard fly to tie. The Silver Doctor. Size 2. I used mottled Peacock secondary instead of turkey and Oak Turkey instead of Teal in the Married wing. Other than that I stayed true to the original. I may have to stay up late more often, as this may be the best job of tying I ever did. By the way, does anyone know where to get Teal big enough for married wings this size?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Late night Silver Doctor

Wow nice job Dan! Perhaps you are more nocturnal than diurnal? Whatever it is you did a nice job there!
    Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.

Blog Entries

Dan: Very nice work! Yes the Olympic opener was quite the show! Too bad they had the glitch at the end with the one column not coming up, but it still looked amazing.

Larry

Blog Entries

Dan,

You devil, that is a nice piece of wing work! See what can happen if you stay out of that chat box! If I knew where to get big teal and mallard I would be a happy guy. If I find out I will let you know right away. You could always do a dozen of them and ..........

very nice work!!
    Dave Watts
    dmwphoto@mac.com

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.

That's a really handsome fly, Dan!

That is a real beauty, Dan. I love the color of that head (for a lot of flies).

Very very nice fly. that color combination is so sweet. That blue is actually my favorite color in fact.

This time around with the winter games will be best yet I think...from beginning to end. The opening was very classy!
    JJ

Nicely tied
    Brilliant job with the wing and tail I have trouble geting mine to match like that
    I stayed up way too late too and tied some grey ghosts took me over and hour each

Chris

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Nice fly, maybe staying up way to late works for you too. I don't even want to admit how long I have in mine.

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by futuramille View Post
    This time around with the winter games will be best yet I think...from beginning to end. The opening was very classy!
    I recorded the opening. Unreal. The engineers in the floor design are geniuses, even with the defect at the end. Absolutely amazing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast