Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries

Default Rite-Bobbin Magnum Half-Hitch Tool

Has anyone used this tool yet? If so, how do you like it? I'm tempted to buy, yet I need to see a little more feedback. One thing that concerns me is that the bobbin barrel is metal and all of my previous all metal bobbins wore a groove in them which eventually began cutting and fraying thread. Here is the YouTube vid of how it works: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDkGKzgHi6s]YouTube - Rite Half Hitch Mag Bobbin[/ame]

I own a regular Rite-Bobbin and love it for most tying applications. This new one looks like it could shorten the tying process when finishing the fly.

Kelly.
    I fish, therefore I am - but I gotta go to work first..."piscari ergo sum"

Default Re: Rite-Bobbin Magnum Half-Hitch Tool

there was a thread on thi sabout as month or 6 weeks back- some had tried and liked it. Supposedly, the tube is some 'space age material' that doesn't wear down, I dunno personally. There was also talk about an Italian bobbin (Stonfo?) that has a drag adjustment that's supposed to be smooth operating, but it has a ceramic tube.

I guess the half hitch capability of the Rite Magnum is somewhat appealing, but I can cast a half hitch pretty easy over thetip of my scissors, so no big draw for me.

Default Re: Rite-Bobbin Magnum Half-Hitch Tool

May have to try one of those. Like you I like my regular Rite bobbin. In fact I keep my 6/0 black on it.