Glad I finished swap flies early

stl_geoff

Reaction score
Because tonight I went to do some leasure tying and pop!!! hook went flying out of the vice. Figured, Oh its a regal, it breaks hooks now and then. NOT THIS TIME!!!! **insert unammused face here** Turns out, the tip of the rear jaw popped right off. So yeah...vice is broken. Calling Regal tomorrow to see if I have a warrenty on it, I dont remember if I sent in the card or not ( its been over 13 years I've had this thing ). So worst thing comes to it, I am out 40 bucks for them to replace the jaws. Just kinda frustrated, Im in a good tying mood and cant....unless I go snag my dad's regal..guess I could do thatn:p

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that's an occurrence! I have never had a Regal but have been clamping hooks since............. well for a long time, and never had a vise break. The worst I had was the jaws on my Thompson 'A' got to the point that they would no longer hold 16 and smaller so I bought a midge jaw for it and used the original for salmon hooks.

My guess / hope is that the company will send you a new set of jaws. I'm glad you didn't tell me that the piece injured you when it flew. I don't wear safety glasses when I tie flies, how bout you?

Ard

stl_geoff

Reaction score
yeah it sure surprised me. I'll be calling in the morning, and update after I hear back.

No injury to me, cant even find the piece that popped off. i dont wear safety glasses, never really crossed my mind to either. Probably should start, I have broekn hooks in the vice several times, usually because there is a defect in hook bend, or they are tiny ( i gave up trying to tie 32s in it, it broke them almost instantly )