How Do All Store Your Beads

MoscaPescador

Reaction score
I use 2x3 Pop Top Boxes. Each box can hold six different sizes of beads. For what I tie, that will cover everything from midge size to midsized stonefly size. Each box will cover a different bead color.

Dennis

Jimmie

Reaction score
I use the weekly pill box string. I removed the lettering (M-T-W) with acetone then made my own labels.
Glass beads I used the stacked screw type cylinders since size isn't an issue. No labels.
I'll take pictures later and edit this post.

Last edited:

kelkay

Reaction score
I have bead containers too. Just like both of you have. I also have some in individual packets, that I have a special drawer for.

overefined

Reaction score
My beads seem to be everywhere, I have double sided pill boxes and bags, and film canisters, does anyone have a good magnet tool to pick up/organize/move their beads and hooks?

kelkay

Reaction score
I got a cool extending arm magnet for a couple of bucks at Auto Zone.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
I use the weekly pill box string. I removed the lettering (M-T-W) with acetone then made my own labels.
Glass beads I used the stacked screw type cylinders since size isn't an issue. No labels.
I'll take pictures later and edit this post.

Dang Jimmie, you need to get out and fish more, your way to organized! LOL! You should see my mess, all my beads are in one big tuperware container, I just throw the beads in there in the original packing, trying to sort through the mess is a big problem. I sure like your idea!

Larry

Jimmie

Reaction score
You're right on a couple of counts Larry. I do need to fish more:)
The initial set-up is a pain. After that it's really nice. Used to be you could get those cheapo pill boxes at the drug store for nothing. Now there is a little charge but not much.

notenuftoys

Reaction score
I found these following one sale at Joann's website Jewelry Designer Bead Storage System*: embellishment cases*: scrapbook storage*: storage*: Shop | Joann.com

There is a store near my house and they always honor the website prices. I think I'm going to pick up a couple this evening after work.
That's exactly what I use also. I have two so far, 1 for tungsten beads, the other for brass. I like to keep colors separated, so I use a label maker to put a small size label on the each container. Keeps everything very nicely organized.

I bought mine at Michaels, and they always have coupons you can print off their website.

notenuftoys

Reaction score
Notenuftoys, Flyfishing, as therapy for your OCD, isn't working!:D
Wow, isn't that the truth! The funny thing is, looking at my desk you'd never know I was organized. But man, I label every little container of fly tying material. :(

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

The best storage I have found are non-sterile urine sample cups. You can buy them from Amazon. They have a screw cap and hold a lot of any small items or parts. They are stable and stack well. You can write on the tops with a Sharpie. I asked to buy some from the Hospital Pharmacy and they gave me a pack of twenty for free. Your local doctor could probable hook you up also. Twenty cups for less that $4. They will last a lifetime.

Frank

FlyBum

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

The best storage I have found are non-sterile urine sample cups. You can buy them from Amazon. They have a screw cap and hold a lot of any small items or parts. They are stable and stack well. You can write on the tops with a Sharpie. I asked to buy some from the Hospital Pharmacy and they gave me a pack of twenty for free. Your local doctor could probable hook you up also. Twenty cups for less that $4. They will last a lifetime.

Frank
Frank I like that solution best of all even better than the solution I've settled on so far. Unfortunately I've been too busy when home to take pictures so far of what I've settled on at this point.

Last edited: