Fly Finishing Drying Rack Station

FlyBum

Reaction score
I have a Styrofoam block that I've placed my finished flies in or flies waiting for epoxy. I've also used it to hold flies while applying apoxy and while using magic markers to change or ad color. The thing is do to the nature of styrofoam it relatively quickly starts coming apart or won't hold flies firmly enough after a while.

What do you all use for this kind of thing. Soon I'll be using Clear Cure Goo that will dry in seconds with the UV light so I'll be able just do each one while still in the vise.

What do you all use as a place to put your finished flies or as place to place flies for finishing several at a time?

fyshstykr

Reaction score
I like the one's with bead chain draped across what looks like a couple bookend type things, they hold a buttload of flies too.

fyshstykr

Reaction score
I'm thinking it's a home made unit. I just spent a few trying to find a link or pic and found nothing.:confused:

It was a rather simple set-up on a portable tabletop/laptop fly tying area, on the back part (some had it on the side) they had bead chain strung across and all you do is hang the finished fly from it.

FlyBum

Reaction score
John, You got me think'n, I have some magnetic tape I purchased at Walmart I could build a multi-level wooden fly tying tool caddy and on the sides of each level I can place mag tape and and just put finished flies on the mag strips.

gt05254

Reaction score
I've posted this photo before. I use a magnetic knife holder to hold flies that are, for example, having their heads finished. I don't have room to mount if permanently, which would be nice.
[/IMG]

JoJer

Reaction score
I stick my finished flys in a piece of craft foam thats tacked to the shelf edge behind my vise. I don't do much epoxy stuff. When I do, I leave the flies turning on the dryer til they're...dry.