Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My First CJ's There Not Great Hopefully They'll Fish

Default My First CJ's There Not Great Hopefully They'll Fish

Some of them have Peacock herl thorax and others have Fly Tyers Dungeon Mr. Peacock dubbing and some have partridge wings and some have hen wings. Please forgive the poor photography.

Don't worry about being nice! Fire Away!
    Last edited by FlyBum; 06-11-2011 at 06:53 PM.
    -Tom Wilson
    Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

Default Re: My First CJ's There Not Great Hopefully They'll Fish

Those are great. IMO the hardest part of the CJ is getting a smooth tapered body. You did that. Your thorax proportion is good. Everything else is minor and can be easily adjusted; like leg length. Good job.

Those are the most realistic Copper Johns I've ever seen, Tom! They'll catch fish, and look just dandy.

Those look great. The body taper is superb, and the biots are set very well. The tails are a lot better than the ones on mine. They always come out too long or slip on me.

Blog Entries

awesome flies!
    those will definitely catch fish.

casey

ARFE

Blog Entries

Very nice nymphsfish should give a positive answer to your question

them look great....biggest problem i have with the CJ is the tails..i always fight them things....and its one of my favorite flies

Thanks everyone now I don't feel so much like I went out on a limb by using the dubbing.
    -Tom Wilson
    Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

Blog Entries

Great flies, no worries there and switching up the recipe is what it is all about. Small variations can sometimes produce a few more fish and that is one of the reasons to be tying your own. Good job!!
    Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.

10. Default Re: My First CJ's There Not Great Hopefully They'll Fish

Kerry, Thank you!
    -Tom Wilson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast