Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default You know it's an addiction

...when you're in the grocery store walking through the aisles and spot the feathers on the cat toys. I saw golden pheasant, died turkey flats, peacock eyes, swords, really fine ostrich plumes that almost looked like rhea. My mind started to wander...what could i use these feathers for....but I passed. Think I have an addiction?
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

Default Re: You know it's an addiction

We are all the same. I remember the first time I knew I was bad . My oldest girl (now 30) wanted a souvenir from the theme park we were at . She got one of those crazy glow in the dark wigs. Me I check the label inside the wig to find out who the manufacturer is so I can get some of the hair to tie flys with.
    Ended up buying 10 spools of the material from them.
    Addiction no obsession yes.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Fast foward to present day where I buy the same stuff in hanks, it's called flashabou. Haha!
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

The other day I was looking at my sisters pomeranian dog and thinking....man, your fur sure would make a nice fox sub. my dad agreed, mom didnt think it was as funny.
    "When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Storm Drain Bonefisher

4. Likes lthrnk03, gatortransplant, jaybo41, Guest1 liked this post
  5. Default Re: You know it's an addiction

.....when you always carry a nail scissors and zip-lock, in case you see someone in a fur coat....

I have tied with my African Greys feathers and plan on tying some "hares ear" nymphs with one of my dogs fur as the tail and under fur as dubbing. We have a brush for them called the furminator, pulls out the loose under fur nicely.

okuma Guest

Hmmmmmm. No one mentioned any road kill.

That was talked about already. unless I kill it im not going to pick it up. plus the pickup does a pretty good job at smashing things so it might be alittle bloody HA!
    "When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."

Storm Drain Bonefisher

Blog Entries

The girlfriend has a horse and so this spring when the winter coat was shedding I gathered up some great material for nymphs from a couple different horses at the barn.
    Larry

10. Likes jaybo41 liked this post
    Blog Entries

While in Sweden, I supplemented my meager tying materials with feathers found wherever I was. Not exactly roadkill, but definitely pilfered feathers from the result of fights, animal kills, and dirt-baths.
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

There is a shop called Hobbylobby which provides materials for school art projects. Boy... I got there, and it was a heaven.

Another indicator that you are hooked is that whenever I see any type of line attached to a stick, I am trying to make a cast. For instance, I have a hair dryer which has a long electrical cord. In my wife's absence I took the hair dry body as a rod and trying to make a snap t. The heavy electrical cord forms a nice D loop and I stop the rod, I mean the hair dryer, and I saw a wide loop, so kept on practice until she walked into the room.

And i am visiting this website way too often.

13. Likes jaybo41 liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast