burning tool

tamster321

Reaction score
I have a burning tool and I havent used it in a few years. I went to use it and it doesnt work. So, I was wondering if this thing uses batteries or works by some other means. I hope there is a way I can fix it.....any advice would be great!

tamster321

Reaction score
Well it is not a plug in burner....and I tried to get the bottom off but couldn't so I will try some pliers to get the dang end off so I can get to the batteries...thanks guys!!

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
I'll bet you don't need pliers. Look it over good. There is probably a way to get it off with less force. Look for a tiny screw in the plastic, or ridges for a good thumb grip.

Sorry about my first post but the burning tool thing was almost more than I could resist. :sorry:

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Ok, Ok ... I'm taking bets as to how long this thread goes before it gets pulled.

I'll start:

Question: "What do you give a man who has everything?"

Answer: 10,000 units of Penie Cilin?
:sorry:

Sorry Tam, but DD and I are going back and forth with bad jokes. Funny as all heck, but 'bad' never the less. Welcome to the Asylum!
Fred

flytire

Reaction score
getting back on track

the cauterizer you have runs on batteries and are really hard to change out as they are meant to be thrown out. they are most used in the medical profession.

if you really need to use one (apparently you didnt) then just buy a new one that has replaceable tips and batteries

you can get one here

Feathersmc.com: CAUTERY Replaceable tip and Batteries

Mrtrout

Reaction score
I also have one of these, the medical type.
Someone on the UK forum sold a few a year or two back.
They are as mentioned a sealed unit, and are meant to be discarded when the batteries run flat, BUT, you can get round it and replace the batteries fairly easily.
If you use a sharp Stanley knife/craft knife, and gently make a cut around the plastic cylinder approx one inch from the battery end, you can replace them.
Once installed, hold the end cap tightly and put some electrical insulation tape around the cut section to keep it in place until the next time.
I did it myself in about ten minutes, you could use a fine tooth hacksaw if you prefer, just go gently.
These burners are far too good to bin, and you can get many more years out of them with this trick.
Either that, or start dating a nurse!! :D
S.

schrob

Reaction score
I've had three different ones, The medical which is sealed but like was said you can rig it to work. They burn real hot but didn't like the size, a little long, and the tip can't be replaced. Then you have the ones that you can order on line like the one shown earlier. Some come with a nice case and replacement tips. You have the one with One AA battery, burns nice but you go through the battery pretty quick. Then you have the one with Two AA's which burns hot for a pretty long time and the one that I like the best. If you Pulse the on- off button you can control the heat of the tip, there are times you don't want it red hot. I actually use this thing a lot more then I thought I would, great for burning eye sockets in deer hair for glue in eyes, great for trimming away butt ends off quill wing flies at the head, use it in rod building also.

tamster321

Reaction score
I got it....I just had to use a pair of pliers to bet the bottom off and I managed not to break it!! Thanks guys!! Works great now!!