Renzetti Traveller

williamhj

Reaction score
I finally upgraded my vise last year and got a Renzetti Traveller with a pedestal base. I find it holds a good range of hooks very firmly and enjoy tying on it. There is one issue I am running into and wonder if anyone has run into it and found a solution. The screw that secures the vise to the pedestal loosens rather easily allowing the vise to spin a bit when I tie. I've considered a drop of superglue since I plan to keep it on the pedestal base but figure there has to be a better way to secure the screw.

thanks!

drc

Reaction score
I have the C-clamp version of the traveler. If your tying station permits it, you could always get the C-clamp (about $45 I think) if you didn't want to glue it to the pedestal. But I would try to fix it first.

jaybo41

Reaction score
I don't own that vise but I'd be leary of using Super Glue to secure it. You might consider getting in touch with Renzetti and explain your problem. Perhaps they've run into this before and can offer you a solution. Kayo's suggestion is solid, loctite is what I'd try before I used Super Glue.

williamhj

Reaction score
Loctite sounds like a good plan. Might email Renzetti as well. It's not so bad that it's a problem just more of an annoyance. Thanks!

lthrnk03

Reaction score
I have both the C-Clamp and the pedestal base. I've never had a problem with the screw loosening. My first thought before adding any Loctite to the screw would be to contact Renzetti. My understanding is that they have a pretty good customer service dept. I know from following them on Facebook, they are a small "mom and pop" company. Its always been my experience that mom and pop shops offer great customer service. Give em a call.

dean_mt

Reaction score
I don't have a Renzentti but I have had the same issue with my HMH pedestal vise. I just cranked the nut down really hard, but I'd recommend loctite or the excellent suggestion above to replace the screw with an allen. I might do that just to get that big nut out of the equation.

Chill

Reaction score
Have it. Never had that problem. Call Renzetti.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparsegraystubble

Reaction score
I had that same screw come loose a couple of times. The last time I just gave it an extra bit of a twist with some light pliers. NOT HARD. Hasn’t come loose in more than a year since.

Don

desmobob

Reaction score
I use a Renzetti and pedestal base and never had that trouble.

While I was waiting for the folks at Renzetti to respond, I'd try disassembling and degreasing everything with some brake cleaner, then adding a very small drop of blue Loctite.

ts47

Reaction score
try some Loctite blue on the threads.
I own two Travelers, one rather old and one new, and have never had a problem. Is it possible that your screw is not the original? Renzetti does, I believe, sell replacements. If you do have a one off problem, I say do what he said^^^

JoJer

Reaction score
First best is blue Loctite, but you might have some Sally Hansen Hard as Nails. A small dab of that would probably work OK.

clsmith131

Reaction score
I've never had any problems with my travellers, but when I bought by Renzetti tube vise, it was missing one of the tension screws. It just so happened that the Atlanta Fly Fishing Show was a couple weeks later. I stopped by their booth and they gave me one for free. She was very curious as to what I was doing with a tube vise here in GA. I told her I hoped to have a good answer for her next time I saw her.