Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Family Friendly Organizer???

I got a 3pack of Rubbermaid "like" lock top bins for the travel trailer for storing band aids , batteries and what not. They worked so well I got 3 more for fly tying. It was like 3 for $8.99. They are about 10" long, 5" wide and 3" deep.Then I have all my peacock herls and pheasant tails thumb tacked to the wall as my office is small. So the smaller bins on top 1 is hooks, 1 is thread/wire, 1 is beads. The bigger bin below has all my dubbing, chenille, micro tube, krystal flash. Then just a little desk organizer for my bobbins and tools

Granted I have 1300+ hooks and same for beads it is amazing how fast $1,200 goes when you "load up" on supplies. Then again I've tied over 900 flies so I'm about to break even......wow I just went there didn't I

"The fish you're gonna find up here, you're gonna find; Rainbow,Cuttbow,CuttBrowns,Brownbows,RainBrowns,
    CuttyRainbrowns, Pike ,Perch"

"Snap it" Hank Patterson

2. Likes chetpunisher liked this post
    Blog Entries

consider a rolling tool box from one of the big box hardware store

plenty of room and stores away nicely in a closet

Poor quality materials and tools are destined to discourage beginner tiers and cause greater expense when the time comes to replace them.

Norm

http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/

4. Likes fredaevans liked this post
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Thumbs up Re: Family Friendly Organizer???

Quote Originally Posted by flytire View Post
    consider a rolling tool box from one of the big box hardware store

plenty of room and stores away nicely in a closet

\
    Now this idea has real 'legs.' Fred Likes ... a lot.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

My early material holders were clear plastic page protectors. They come in a variety of pocket sizes-the buisness card size is the same size as may hook pakages- to hold various sizes and amounts of material. The page protectors went into 3 ring binders and the binders got replaced with bigger binders as the stash grew. My vise, tools, glues, and a couple of compartment boxes of beads, thread etc went into my Grandpa's old cedar tackle box. All the binders and the tackle box went onto a high shelf when not in use to keep the cats out of them.
    When I got a designated tying desk-an old hollow wood door- I got a two drawer file cabinet to serve as "legs" on one end and all the page protectors went into hanging files in the file cabinet.
    On the few occaisions when I took my tying a-travelin', I pulled the page protectors for the materials I thought I'd need, put them in a thinner binder, and the binder and tackle box went with me.
    On the con side: There is some stuff that won't fit well in page protectors- Whiting 100's are just a shade too long. Ditto some capes and pheasant tails. More than half of one drawer in full of sheets and chunks of all kinds of foam. I need a new space for it.
    Since no one else mentioned it, search tying desks and tying stations herein for more ideas.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privilege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey

Check out Wal-Mart in their plastic storage section. I use some similar to this which are available in the store. Sterilite Latch Box,0.675-Gallon (2.7-Quart) - Walmart.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12