Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good Online Shop for Quality Fly Tying Materials

1. Default Re: Good Online Shop for Quality Fly Tying Materials

I really like fly tyers dungeon which probably isn't a surprise since I'm a bargain hunter. IMO they can't be beat . I they are my favorite and in my experience fish like them just as well is more expensive materials.

Sent from Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk
    -Tom Wilson
    Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

2. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Default Re: Good Online Shop for Quality Fly Tying Materials

Didn't see it mentioned, but I could have missed it.

Add "Theriault Flies" to the list. They raise a lot of their own birds, not just chickens & raise various animals, plus process a lot of their materials themselves.

Family run business & very nice people to deal with.
    Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!

4. Likes bear 007 liked this post

x2 for J Stockard with their great selection and Fly Tyer's Dungeon. Two I didn't see mentioned are Caster's Fly Shop in N Carolina. They have free shipping and a great selection of materials. It is where I often go for something I can't find in the shops close to me. Also the Feather Emporium in Wisconsin. He has a lot of feathers beyond his nice selection of dry fly hackle.
    - William

For tungsten beads theflyfishing-store.com and fishegear.com. I have found NO ONE cheaper. Post a link if you have.
    Okiemountaineer

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim5589 View Post
    Didn't see it mentioned, but I could have missed it.

Add "Theriault Flies" to the list. They raise a lot of their own birds, not just chickens & raise various animals, plus process a lot of their materials themselves.

Family run business & very nice people to deal with.
    I just found Alvin's (Theriault Flies) shop a month or so ago, he has everything, thousands of bird capes, its a great place to visit if you are in the area.

Coffin Creek Furs has a limited selection, but good stuff at good prices. Their kit muskrat hide will tie three lifetimes' worth of Adamses. (Best to store their stuff in a ziploc with mothballs or freeze it for a few weeks after it arrives to kill any latent bugs, because it doesn't come packaged.)

Fly Tying Furs Handles Quality Furs for your Fly Tying needs.

Not a fly shop, but another real good source for natural fur products is Paulette Fur Co. They sell via Ebay. I've purchased their craft grade fur products, whole tanned hides, several times & have always been happy with what I've gotten. I cut them up anyway to tie with them so craft grade is what I buy.

They have better grades too, but the prices will be higher. Shipping prices are not cheap, but IMO fair when combined on multiple purchases.

Depends on what you're willing to spend.

Paulette Fur Company L.L.C. - Home
    Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!

10. Default Re: Good Online Shop for Quality Fly Tying Materials

Just ordered a bunch of stuff from Red Shed fly shop (poppy). Great interaction and very good selection. From what I have received so far, the quality of the material looks to be better than most of my local store stuff, especially for steelhead flies.

thanks,

b

11. Likes gt05254 liked this post
  12. Default Re: Good Online Shop for Quality Fly Tying Materials

Greatfeathers in MD -interesting, hard to find stuff, great book selection as well

Finney's Flies A.P.G.A.I for brilliant bronze mallard, CDC, pheasant, teal, squirrel, nice dyed badger capes and anything that needs a special dye (picric, fiery orange, sunburst , flo yellow)

anyone else have problems connecting to finneysflies.com ??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast