Gray Wolf's Chapman's Smelt

Reaction score
Another llama hair effort tonight.

Pattern as follows
Rib Silver twist (oval tinsel)
Body Highlander green floss
Wing White Llama hair with pearl krystal flash, then gray llama hair with black krystal flash, then olive llama hair with rainbow krystal flash
Sshoulders Mallard breast feathers
Cheeks Jungle cock

Last edited:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Eunan: Very nice as always, I really like the look of the llama hair, something I have never tried tying with.

Reaction score
not easy to come by on these shores, Larry. I got mine from Australia, and it wasnt expensive (I think 4 packets cost about $15 shipped). Believe it or not, the store/site i bought it from dealt in fly tying equipment and, get this, 'lingerie and other 'accoutrements' - let your imagination run wild with that one!!

Definitely a NSFW browsing experience. I'll see if i can dig up the url if you're interested in getting some llama hair

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
not easy to come by on these shores, Larry. I got mine from Australia, and it wasnt expensive (I think 4 packets cost about $15 shipped). Believe it or not, the store/site i bought it from dealt in fly tying equipment and, get this, 'lingerie and other 'accoutrements' - let your imagination run wild with that one!!

Definitely a NSFW browsing experience. I'll see if i can dig up the url if you're interested in getting some llama hair
Thanks much appreciated!

There is a farm down the hwy (by the airport) that raises llamas, I think they might be a packing outfit for people wanting to pack into the Wind River Mtn Range. Wonder how they would feel about me giving their animals a hair cut of sorts? :D