Hook Comparison Chart

MoscaPescador

Reaction score
I updated an old hook comparison chart. Over the years, hook companies discontinued numbers, renumbered their models, added a new line of hooks. Umpqua's new U-Series hooks are on the updated chart.

Dennis

comeonavs

Reaction score
That's awesome, thanks for posting that.

I have been using the Umpqua hooks ( non tiemco) and they are pretty good, no major complaints.

brucerducer

Reaction score
I updated an old hook comparison chart. Over the years, hook companies discontinued numbers, renumbered their models, added a new line of hooks. Umpqua's new U-Series hooks are on the updated chart.

Dennis
To that, I would add some A.R.E. Hook Equivalents.

MoscaPescador

Reaction score
Nice chart.

Hopefully you can add partridge, allen, Dai riki, kamasan etc
I could, but I won't.

Tell you what, if you really want to take the time to look at old charts, look up manufacturers' web pages that are available to the public, or borrow dealer books from a fly shop, you, too, can have the information that you are looking for.

I have been using the Umpqua hooks ( non tiemco) and they are pretty good, no major complaints.
I tie most my trout flies on the Umpqua U-Series hooks. I have not had any issues with them. They are as sharp as any Tiemco hook except for the Super Point models. I also like that the 50 packs are nearly the same cost as Tiemco's 25 packs.

flytire

Reaction score
Tell you what, if you really want to take the time to look at old charts, look up manufacturers' web pages that are available to the public, or borrow dealer books from a fly shop, you, too, can have the information that you are looking for.

ya its on my retirement list of things to do--in six years :)

Hi Flytire, I'm working on a cross ref now. Hope to have it done soon.

Thanks

Justin
justin,

thank you for YOUR EFFORT. its a big job that needs a constant eye looking for newer hooks as they come along.

Last edited:

random user

Reaction score
MoscaPescador Thanks for the chart!

Had been away from tying for a lot of years, and had a bit of difficulty just figuring out the old Mustad numbers to the new Mustad numbers. Did figure out that I missed a previous re-numbering. Many of the wet patterns in my binder call for a Mustad 3908.