bobbin threader

fq13

Reaction score
I have managed to lose mine and I don't have a local shop. Does anyone have an extra they want to sell or trade for a bit of fur or feather? Name your dead animal and I probablly have it. I'd just rather trade than pay five bucks shipping to a big box for a three dollar item.

flytire

Reaction score
Insert the end of the thread in the bobbin holder tube and draw it up with your mouth

Bend a piece of mono or fine wire

Buy some dental floss threaders at your local big box pharmacy

Be creative. Experiment. Think about options.

williamhj

Reaction score
Don't have an extra on hand to send you, but if no one takes you up on the offer check ebay. Can find them for a $5 or less with shipping included.

coug

Reaction score
As flytire said, use dental floss threader. Just melt the tip a bit. Best threader I have owned and the package you buy them in is a lifetime supply.

stl_geoff

Reaction score
Yup, stick the thread in the end, turn it around, put your mouth and the tube and suck. Up comes the thread and on you go!!

coastrider

Reaction score
Had a threader but much prefer sucking it thru for ease of use. I also have several bobbin rigged with the most common threads to save even more time

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

theboz

Reaction score
Lots of sucking going on! It works! Piece of mono folded in half works great and doesn't get twisted like the threaded tool. Like was said imagination pays off!

fq13

Reaction score
Why I nevuh! If I dindn't know bettuh, I'd say you boys were talking dirty to me.:D
Truly sad thing? I went on ebay and there was exactly what I wanted for a buck eighty five, but it was three bucks for shipping. The seller said he combined shipping so I browsed thinking I could pick up a couple of things for the same three bucks.

. So I looked. Well, here are some dumbbell eyes in a couple of sizes, and over there a nail knot tool, and a set of three shooting head sink tips and some nymph hooks. I got my dollar eighty five bobbin threader allright, and it only cost me thirty bucks. ROFL!

Last edited:

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Jay,

The guys are telling you straight, I've been using the suction threading thing for at least 40 years. I bought a threading tool for making braided loops long ago but don't ever remember using it to load a bobbin. The suction deal is way quick & easy.

Ard

crazy4oldcars

Reaction score
Just don't pull too much thread off before sucking it thru the tube. You'll lasso that little speed-bag thingy at the back of your throat.
I made my own out of the bottom string from an electric guitar. (My kids played, not me.) Bent it in half, crimped the end with my be-barbing pliers, then stupor glued a Carolina rig bead on it. Et Viola`!

Kirk

popperfly

Reaction score
Hey Jay,

The guys are telling you straight, I've been using the suction threading thing for at least 40 years. I bought a threading tool for making braided loops long ago but don't ever remember using it to load a bobbin. The suction deal is way quick & easy.

Ard
Notice how Ard carefully worded that "Suction threading" you got to love it. He wasn’t walking into that trap! :D