Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Crush on my Mail Lady

I have 3 grown kids who still live in the same town as I do, but living in apartments, so they get their packages delivered to my house. Seems like hardly a day goes by that something from Amazon doesn't show up.
    My mailman deserves a medal AND a card with something in it.
    " I'm just a cook " Casey Ryback, Under Siege

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie O'Neill View Post
    My mail Lady left a Christmas card for us yesterday. I'm guessing she is expecting something in return. $$$??
    Most of the service industry relies on tips for a decent living. It's a decision you have to make for yourself because there are a lot of folks who could use a tip. US Postal workers are government employees like myself, we are doing pretty well on average. I try to spend my tip dollars on people that are underpaid and doing a little more than expected, but I am a sucker and those who come even close get a small tip anyway.

3. Likes craigthor, fredaevans liked this post

This Thread Is Worthless Without Pics

CAB

Quote Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
    Most of the service industry relies on tips for a decent living. It's a decision you have to make for yourself because there are a lot of folks who could use a tip. US Postal workers are government employees like myself, we are doing pretty well on average. I try to spend my tip dollars on people that are underpaid and doing a little more than expected, but I am a sucker and those who come even close get a small tip anyway.
    Just remember... At the end of the day... That waitress is probably making upwards of $25/hr unless you're stuck in Wisconsin making $2something an hour + tips

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Quote Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
    Brings up one of my fav restaurants; a serve yourself Buffet (Chinese food and its all darned good!) Basically, she brings you a pot of hot tea and removes your dishes. (Well, mine are pretty small save for the fresh fruit one. There I eat 'more than my share.')

Do I always leave a 'tip,' yes, but sometimes wondered the why.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie O'Neill View Post
    My mail Lady left a Christmas card for us yesterday. I'm guessing she is expecting something in return. $$$??
    It could just be a nice gesture on her part without a need monetary reward. Some people still do those kind of things.
    Poor quality materials and tools are destined to discourage beginner tiers and cause greater expense when the time comes to replace them.

Norm

http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/

8. Likes rccola712 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
    Just remember... At the end of the day... That waitress is probably making upwards of $25/hr unless you're stuck in Wisconsin making $2something an hour + tips
    Depends where you are and how good you are at it. At a good restaurant in a sizable town yes. I definitely know a lot of waitresses that work hard for half that figure. And many of them have to because they made bad choices. Many states have that 2 bucks an hour plus tips thing.

10. Likes craigthor liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12