wooly buggers, pictures of

fly_guy12955

Reaction score
Now, I'm all but ashamed to show you what I tie. Anyways,,,I rarely use a bead head...but I prefer (most of the time) for weight on the tippet in front of the wooly,,or nymph,,,as I like to get them down to the fish, but still not have them so heavy that they have an unnatural movement.
These are pretty simple,,bout as good as I tie ,,but they still catch fish. I also like mine fairly 'full and fuzzy' as they slim down a LOT under water. I am SO impressed with you other guys ablities,,just awesome guys.

ia_trouter

Reaction score
Good call on the wooly thread Monkey. Some of the fishiest I've seen. Stop apologizing for yours Mike. That second one looks double extra buggy to me. I can see I need to spend an extra buck on some better quality materials next time I order.

fly_guy12955

Reaction score
That second one IA I used that woolly fuzzy yarn you can buy. The top one, dubbing. I think I'm prefering that woolly yarn best,,and it's so much easier and faster,,and looks way buggier than chenille. I ain't making excuses for my tie exactly but I can't take a detailed picture indoors at all,,it's hit and miss.

ia_trouter

Reaction score
That second one IA I used that woolly fuzzy yarn you can buy. The top one, dubbing. I think I'm prefering that woolly yarn best,,and it's so much easier and faster,,and looks way buggier than chenille. I ain't making excuses for my tie exactly but I can't take a detailed picture indoors at all,,it's hit and miss.
I know what you are saying. My camera struggles with fly PICs. The woolies in this thread are ridiculously perfect. A lot of talented tyers on this forum.

L

Liphookedau

All The Patterns look like Real Fish Catchers as I Find sometimes I'm in a hurry & make a few they might look a bit rough however They still catch Fish anyway they always look rough after a few Fish
Brian