cheap storage

hmoosek

Reaction score
I thought I would share my fly trying storage ideas. I'm always looking for cheap storage.

This main container came from Michaels. Normally , they are 10 bucks, but you can catch them on sale 3 for 10 or use their weekly coupon for 40 to 50% off. This is a 14" X 14" and it's about 3" deep. It holds 60 of the small containers.

The dollar tree sells the small containers with lids in a package of 10 for a buck. So, for a total of less than 10 bucks, you have a boat load of storage. I store jigs, hooks, dubbing, bead chain, weights, swivels, etc.

I'm even considering making me a cheap tackle box for fishing.

Here I am putting away some jigs that I had poured recently.

As you can see, I have 100 of the 1/16 jig heads in this small container.

The uses of these small containers are endless. You can drill a small hole in the lid and have a nice dubbing container.

killem

Reaction score
Nice! I went and grabbed a screw holding box from Walmart that goes on my wall for tools hooks and beads. I really like it. It ran my 3 bucks in the automotive area of the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoJer

Reaction score
I recently picked up a large box at Harbor Freight for storing finished flies. About 4 bux, about half the cost of the nearest competitor Photo later.

flytire

Reaction score
those big box craft shops and dollar stores carry a treasure trove of fly tying materials at a much lower price than your local fly shop