Not My Pattern, But This Looks Killer!

philthy

Reaction score
It is a good looking fly! I only "press one for english" and some Turkish that I haven't used in a few years. Any translations for the materials?

FrankB2

Reaction score
ciervo= deer hair
Pavo= turkey

It looks like he simply ties a knot in the turkey to form the legs. It's not clear
how many pieces of turkey he uses, but I'll try it with two.

jose

Reaction score
So did you ever try to tie this fly? If so, how did it turn out? How many pieces of turkey did you use? I'm thinking of trying this one out.

jose

Reaction score
I looked at the video again and I think you were right, it seems to be just a knot in the turkey. I'm going to try to tie this tonight. I'll post to let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the initial post on it.

Joni

Reaction score
I have been making legs out of Pheasant Tail with the knot thing...Never thought about turkey, but then Pheasant is cheaper and easier to get.

jose

Reaction score
I tied that fly...sort of. I forgot all about the legs and the wing broke apart on me. I need to try it again tomorrow. I posted the first attempt in the gallery, although I think it may be too big a photo and get deleted. I can't quite figure out how to resize the photo on my mac right now.

Joni

Reaction score
Jose, looks great and very floatable. I cheated last year and bought a bunch of those pre-fab hopper legs in several colors. Maybe I will try some with those. Get rid of them if nothing else LOL

jose

Reaction score
...I cheated last year and bought a bunch of those pre-fab hopper legs in several colors. Maybe I will try some with those. Get rid of them if nothing else LOL
That's the way to go, Joni. I need to get some of those. I don't have a knit picker here and trying to tie those legs out of turkey with my fingers will be something to laugh at anyway. I'm going to try to tie a few more so I can fish them this weekend. Thanks for the feedback.