Barracuda vise, worth it?

fq13

Reaction score
I have the chance to pick up an older model barracuda vise from Dyna-king for around three bills. It has all the bells and whistles (trimming bag, extension etc.). I have always loved these thing as they are built like tanks and will go from #20 to 6/0. Still, I have a decent vise which I like, and will be trying to sell if buy the new one.:D I have zero reason to part with my Montana Mongoose, it's just that I have long lusted after the Barracuda, and I figure I can get0 $150 for the Mongoose (yes that's the asking price, down from $250 retail). Anyway, should I jump on the chance to get a $450 vise for three bills or let it go? Any thoughts or experience with Dyn-a- king products?
Thanks

flytire

Reaction score
if you think the barracuda can make you a better tyer than your current mongoose vise, then go for it.

its worth is only what you think its worth

fq13

Reaction score
Flytire you have convinced me to use good sense (Jerry, you are the voice of Satan:D).
It went up to $350, and for that money, the Mongoose works just fine.:p

Last edited:

wthorpe

Reaction score
FWIW: I am a novice, inexpereienced unskillled tier, but with that caveat, i have a barracuda and i love it. (ANd it appears i am an unskilled tho experienced tupist on this damend ipad.)

silver creek

Reaction score
Most tiers always lust for a better vise. I have a Renzetti Master with a speed crank and all the bells and whistles and I still lust for the original LAW vise. There is no other vise that would move me from my Renzetti Master.

btwom67

Reaction score
I have one and they are great vises . If you do not like it then you can probably get what you pay for it if you don't like it...its not going to depreciate any further. Very high quality and solid vise but it wont make you a better tier.

Reaction score
IF you didnt have a vise that you like, the deal was good.

I've lusted after rods and ended up buying them for species X, and never fished, either before or after the purchase, for species X. OR i wanted glass, bought the rod and ended up with too many rods in one size.

Trying to shift said rods after you realize the error of your ways, is difficult.

Becoming more financially responsible has also tempered my desire to buy stuff i don't need