Moose Hair for the taking...

scoutm

Reaction score
For all you fly tiers...I have the Remnants of my moose cape that I'd be happy to send off to any/all takers. Moose are huge so I have a fair amount. Most if it is a deep dark mocha color but there is some that is a lighter in color if that makes a difference to you.

Shoot me a PM with your mailing address and I will send you off a patch.

moose.jpg

scoutm

Reaction score
I don't tie flies so don't know...it's very long and stiff compared to a whitetail cape.

scoutm

Reaction score
I've received a fair amount of interest so I'm going to let this ride for a week or so and then send them out at all once so please be patient. If you've sent me a PM rest assured I have received it and have you on the list.

Thanks,

Larry

kevjr

Reaction score
Congrats on the moose. I sent a pm but not sure that it actually sent so if you haven’t received it can you let me know please.
Kevjr

scotty macfly

Reaction score
Sent you a PM, I could sure use some moose hair, and you'd think here in Colorado it would be easy to find, but no.

Beautiful animal you bagged.

biker1usa

Reaction score
I would like a small amount as I tie a lot of Mosquito flies and do not have a lot of moose. I have just been using thread for the bodies. I would gladly pay for shipping.
Thanks
Mike Bacca
508 Pinon Street
Walsenburg CO 81089
biker1usa@q.com

scoutm

Reaction score
There have been a lot more requests than I expected. I will continue to take requests and fill them in order of receipt until I run out. Hopefully I can get some to everyone.

I would like some guidance as to what people feel is an adequate amount. How big of a patch would make it worthwhile for you? Is a 6"x6" patch too small? Not being a fly tier I have now idea...guidance is appreciated.

scoutm

Reaction score
One more time around the block before I start cutting the hide up and shipping it out. Again if you sent me a PM I'm sure I received it. Thanks.

scoutm

Reaction score
All the requests have been packaged and will be shipped tomorrow. Keep an eye on your mailbox.

I've had many request to provide my return address so some reimbursement of postage could be made. That is not necessary but if you feel you need to do something I'll request you tie a few flies up and send them to Larry Mcnerney's Project Healing Water Fly Drive.

I have some left so if you find it quality material let me know and I will send you some more. For any new requests I will fill those after the holidays.

Thanks.

JoJer

Reaction score
Thanks again for the offer. I will probably split a 6X6 patch with someone else here abouts. I plan to tie some more steelhead skaters with it.
I can't imagine moving a dead moose. I've shot one elk, a medium sized cow years ago, and with my partner and I carried it out to the truck in about four trips apiece. It wasn't really a difficult location, but it still wiped us out for a day or so.

ottosmagic13

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I didn't see the Moose Hair offer on the first go around but I'd be more than willing to send a few flies to Project Healing Waters if you have any patches left. PM sent.

tndulcimer

Reaction score
If you have any left, I would love a patch. And, yes, I am happy to send some flies to the project. PM sent with address.