Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Magic Tool, standard

1. Default Re: Magic Tool, standard

Yipee!! I found a local store here in New York City that sells that Magic Tool. Got it!! Can't wait to get home and try it...

2. Default Re: Magic Tool, standard

Last night as I was tying a centipede fly immitation and my wife just got curious by looking over my shoulder then she said "hey, those are cool looking stuff you tying". then she grabs it off but I still have the thread on and then WHAM... she screamed!! her finger got hooked (but that bad). She didnt see the black thread still attached to the fly.

Default Re: Magic Tool, standard

Hi Bluebird,

I am hoping that you give us a report on the Magic Tool after you get everything sorted out.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by tob1 View Post
    Very nice tool . I have used it for 3 years now. Get Serafil thread then you donīt need to make loops. Serafil thread is 2 cordell thread and is very easy to split (antitwist the thread with your fingers and put your scissor point in the loop - then open up and put the material from the tools inside the loop)
    Trygve
    Benicchi thread also splits well for use as a dubbing loop. The Magic Toll/Benicchi combo is how I hackle fox fur tips for bugger hackle.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBird View Post
    Last night as I was tying a centipede fly immitation and my wife just got curious by looking over my shoulder then she said "hey, those are cool looking stuff you tying". then she grabs it off but I still have the thread on and then WHAM... she screamed!! her finger got hooked (but that bad). She didnt see the black thread still attached to the fly.
    I was about to ask you for the specific store in NYC that you found the magic tool, but that seems rather insensitive right now after your wife's injury. How's she doing? How was the hook removed- do it yourself? Docs place?

In any case, I think I can speak for others here in that we wish her well, hope for a quick healing-up, and hope she doesn't campaign against the dangers of this sport too strongly after that incident.

6. Default Re: Magic Tool, standard

Jose, she's ok. thanks for asking.. not that deep, just a puncture and little blood comes out... but.. she's fine..

I got hooked also for the same damn fly... the centipede pattern is a killer... LOL

Oh I got that "Magic Tool" from Urban Angler at New York City (corner 25th street, Broadway and Park Ave). For the number and direction... go to www.UrbanAngler.com.

Great tool!!

7. Default Re: Magic Tool, standard

I used the Magic Tool today but my thread is so thin and can't split them... so, instead, I twisted using a whipping tool.

this is the fly... awesome device...

Blog Entries

BlueBird

Nice looking fly, looks like your putting that magic tool to good use!

Larry

9. Default Re: Magic Tool, standard

Cranking out more flies...

10. Default Re: Magic Tool, standard

Its getting more interesting now... every night when we both get home from work. My wife would always asked me whats the next fly pattern I will be tying. She look look into all my fly tying books and pick a couple of very nice cool patterns but hard to tie flies (for my level of experience).

Whenever I finish a nice one she would ask me to find and join Fly Swaps and so eager to receive stuffs from the fly swaps. Like the one hosted by Joni. She can't wait to get to see the other people's work.

I told her how about I will bring her to a fly shop and she can check out the thousands of available flies.. lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast