Dai-Riki hooks,

brownbass

Reaction score
I seem to be having trouble locating Dai-Riki hooks at the local fly shops. Is there something going on in the supply line? Or is the competition getting too hot?

Bill

mtboiler

Reaction score
From what I have been told...Dai Riki is out of business. Short story is Dan Bailey was the main imported. A few years back Dan Bailey went through some changes and things got really messy at DB. Long story short, Dai Riki hooks is gone.

mtboiler

Reaction score
What really bums me out is two things...the price of the hooks was great...and I love the boxes they came in!!! I would switch to any maker that had boxes like that!!

brownbass

Reaction score
What really bums me out is two things...the price of the hooks was great...and I love the boxes they came in!!! I would switch to any maker that had boxes like that!!
Try Firehole Outdoor Firesticks. They are available at Feathercraft and thru Firehole outdoors. I am switching over to them any way I like the gap, the price, and the owner's philosophy. Dia-Rikis were cheap and served a purpose but the Firesticks are, I think an all-round better hook at a reasonable price. I was more curious than really concerned but the Dai-Riki's were good for learning to tie and fish.

Bill