Floodtide and Namsen

Reaction score
Its not been an active year for me at the vise or on the forums, but with winter settling in, here's a couple salmon flies i finished this week.
Rust shows with silly errors

Floodtide 5/0 long (forgot a rib and the head got too long). This one is from Kelson. Slight variant given the missing rib and I also used red hackles instead of GP spears in the underwing

Namsen 3/0 long This one is featured in The Essential Kelson (T Griffiths), and is a variant of patterns published in Kelson, Francis and the like.

whalensdad

Reaction score
Very Nice ties :). Tomorrow I'm taking a 1 on 1 full day lesson in the hope that in a few years my best will be 1/2 as good as these :pray:

spm

Reaction score
Beautiful, as always. Eunan, I would take your "Mistakes" over my attempts any day.

Thanks,
steve

whalensdad

Reaction score
It was great. I agree that Roger is a great guy. The plan was to tie a Green Highlander, but I got him distracted and we ended up deviating a bit. We got through about 3/4 of the fly before calling it a day. I'm going to practice what I learned over the next month and then sit down with him again. He's only about 40 min from me, so it works out well. I'm just waiting on the rest of my supplies to come in and then it's off to the races (well off to a snails walk ;) )