Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default got me a nice fly box

I saw the okuma 16 compartment fly boxes online for like 25 bux and liked the looks of them. being a cheapie and all I wasn't gonna spend 25 dollars plus 5 bux shipping to get it tho. came across the next best thing cause I am the bargain master!! this guys makes these ones and sells them on ebay! I got 12 free pimp indicators with it also! check it out! it cost 17 bux shipped! this a quality aluminum made fly box! you push the lil clips and the windows spring open and everything! sweet!! the lil compartments look like they could hold prolly 10-15 nymphs if not more in each! can't wait to start filling this one up! I tried to find the link to post it to you guys but it seems he doesn't have it listed anymore in his store?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Hey, you.Get your damn hands off my herl !!!!"

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.

Default Re: got me a nice fly box

Hi George
    Nice boxes, The only problem I've had with an Okuma Box was I had a few large stonefly nymphs & small streamers on the foam side & when I opened the box they had caught on the little wire releases & a few compartments opened & I dumped some flies because naturally it was upside down. Now I put a top mark on the outside of the foam side & only keep smaller stuff on that side so it does'nt happen again.

3. Default Re: got me a nice fly box

thanks for the tip. my buddy told me he opened a compartment of dries in a heavy wind and created a hatch on the river! lol

Let me see if I have this right...
    Okuma, who stole the classic Wheatley designs have now also been copied by others who can low-ball Okuma?

Kinda makes me wonder where it'll end, them paying us to use their stuff?

Where ever it ends ... let me have bought a bunch of these boxes FIRST!!!!

George ... try the address again? Or at least give us a hint!!!!

6. Default Re: got me a nice fly box

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMcFly View Post
    I saw the okuma 16 compartment fly boxes online for like 25 bux and liked the looks of them. being a cheapie and all I wasn't gonna spend 25 dollars plus 5 bux shipping to get it tho. came across the next best thing cause I am the bargain master!! this guys makes these ones and sells them on ebay! I got 12 free pimp indicators with it also! check it out! it cost 17 bux shipped! this a quality aluminum made fly box! you push the lil clips and the windows spring open and everything! sweet!! the lil compartments look like they could hold prolly 10-15 nymphs if not more in each! can't wait to start filling this one up! I tried to find the link to post it to you guys but it seems he doesn't have it listed anymore in his store?
    McFly -

Any chance its one of these???

NOT Okuma Fly Box from Sweden 10 Compartments & Foam - eBay (item 380097308987 end time Feb-14-09 12:17:57 PST)

Jim

7. Default Re: got me a nice fly box

the guys ebay name was campfishhike and his store is called Somethings Fishy Gear and Tackle. it he don't have it posted anymore I guess?

I used to use the Okuma boxes, so I have another little warning. I stored dries in the compartments and nymphs on the flat foam. Sometimes the wing or the hackle on a dry would catch in the little clip that keeps the lid shut on the compartments and when I pushed the latch and the lid popped open....you guessed it...I would instantly launch a fly (or 2 or 3) out into the stream.

9. Default Re: got me a nice fly box

Quote Originally Posted by dshort View Post
    I used to use the Okuma boxes, so I have another little warning. I stored dries in the compartments and nymphs on the flat foam. Sometimes the wing or the hackle on a dry would catch in the little clip that keeps the lid shut on the compartments and when I pushed the latch and the lid popped open....you guessed it...I would instantly launch a fly (or 2 or 3) out into the stream.
    so not only did I get a neat fly box but it comes with a built in launcher also! sweet!
    I got me my own lil fly catapult now! haha. thanks for the tip! will keep that in mind!

10. Default Re: got me a nice fly box

Nice fly box, I have some of the Okuma box's and there great. I use mine for dry fly's the only problem that i have is some times the hackle gets caught in the hinge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast