Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: A Pair Of Streamer Wallets

These streamers y'all posted are outrageous...LOVE THEM!!!
    As long as I get a bite, I don't want to leave!

Thought I would bring this thread back to see how many folks use wallets instead of boxes. Just won a bid for a leather wallet on Ebay and am thinking about making some this winter. Leather wallets have a cool retro look about them and appear to be good for the streamers.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Blog Entries

Post Re: A Pair Of Streamer Wallets

Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    Thought I would bring this thread back to see how many folks use wallets instead of boxes. Just won a bid for a leather wallet on Ebay and am thinking about making some this winter. Leather wallets have a cool retro look about them and appear to be good for the streamers.

Dave
    Hey Dave,

Just saw the post, did you get the wallet? How bout a picture or two...........

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Here is a Richard Wheatley Wallet I picked up somewhere in the 70's for wets and streamers...

I believe I got this wallet at Chuck Fothergill's Shop in Aspen, CO in 1975...

Chuck Fothergill's Fly Shop in Aspen, CO...

PT/TB
    Daughter to Father, " How many arms do you have, how many fly rods do you need?"

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    The big black book is the mother ship that stays behind and holds inventory.

That gave me a chuckle. I have never heard it put quite that way. Those are great Ard. I can see why the black one stays home..

Blog Entries

Nice looking streamer wallets, I'm going to have to do some looking around and see if I can snag one.

Dave: How about posting a photo of the one you purchased off Ebay?

Larry
    Larry

Blog Entries

Hi Larry,

We have not left yet................ Anyway, just type in Fly Wallet on the auction site and then scroll through the offerings if you want a vintage wallet. I took a look and there is one very similar to the old black one of mine there now. Some look like they need some cleaning up but there will sometimes be a nice one on there.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Nice looking streamer wallets, I'm going to have to do some looking around and see if I can snag one.

Dave: How about posting a photo of the one you purchased off Ebay?

Larry
    I will Larry, give me the weekend to get it sorted out.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    I will Larry, give me the weekend to get it sorted out.

Dave
    You know Dave, I've been pretty patient waiting for the picture

I fixed the attachments on the first post, we have a thread up now about the eyes of hooks and what knots, etc. If you check the hooks in the working streamer wallet you'll see ball eyes pretty much all around.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
    That gave me a chuckle. I have never heard it put quite that way. Those are great Ard. I can see why the black one stays home..
    Glad you liked that Dan, I just spotted your post, this thread has to be almost 2 years old....................

Just found another picture hanging around, this is just like the big black one but was made with red leather. It is old but in like new condition.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[QUOTE=Hardyreels;362594]You know Dave, I've been pretty patient waiting for the picture

Rut roh, if santa is good to me you will have the pic just after Christmas...

Dave

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast