Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Pair Of Streamer Wallets

Blog Entries

Default A Pair Of Streamer Wallets

I said something in a thread a few days back about getting a fly fishing buzz when I open a wallet or box full of pretty flies and got this as one of the posts;

Quote Originally Posted by jdorsey61 View Post
    I can understand the buzz, and there's no better reason to do what you enjoy! How about sharing that buzz with a photo of said wallet?
    For some types of fishing, my approach is more pragmatic. But for others, a certain amount of elegance seems fitting. Any tips on where I can get a nice, reasonably priced leather fly wallet?
    I responded to the post but am now going to go over the top by posting photos of a couple of my wallets with flies in them. I hope you don't mind.

Finding a good streamer wallet is a journey. I have been blessed to have found some that have become part of my life. The little Orvis one took awhile to grow on me but now it is the one I carry. The big black book is the mother ship that stays behind and holds inventory.

This Streamer Book was 40 years old when I got it in 1980
    [IMG][/IMG]

There are ten thick cotton felt pages & two leader pockets.
    [IMG][/IMG]

This is a mid 90's wax cotton wallet from Orvis with a full brass zipper and shearing lining.
    [IMG][/IMG]

These are the trout streamers that get used, as they become too worn one from the Mother Ship takes their place.
    [IMG][/IMG]

If you have a cool wet fly wallet or book please feel free to post it up, I love seeing this stuff.
    Last edited by Ard; 12-12-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: A Pair Of Streamer Wallets

Ard

Wow! That is one nice wallet, be sure to be careful and hang onto that, you sure would be sick if you ever lost that gold mine.

Larry

3. Default Re: A Pair Of Streamer Wallets

those patterns are worth more than the dollar nowadays!! keep hold of that nice wallet. never seen anything like that before. I am from the east tho.
    "Hey, you.Get your damn hands off my herl !!!!"

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.

Blog Entries

Thanks guys,

George, it came out of the Catskill region of New York, remember I'm a transplanted Pennsylvanian.

Larry, I usually leave the big book at camp or at home. It serves mostly as a warehouse for stocking the little Orvis. When I used to carry it in a est pocket I kept the lanyard attached to the vest always.

Beautiful. I love this classic stuff. What are dimensions of the large wallet?

6. Default Re: A Pair Of Streamer Wallets

Here's mine:

Blog Entries

Whoa!

Now there's something you don't see every day! I gotta tell you that those are perfect!! Are those 3665A 4X long for the hooks?

Where have you been? Why not share more of these beautiful flies? Opps, just checked and see that you're new here, Hi, welcome to the forum.

Ard

Quote Originally Posted by streamertyer View Post
    Here's mine:
    Beeeeeuuutiiiifulll streamers. From your initials you must be Chris D. Welcome to the forum from another Jersey boy. I ve seen your work on other forums ( Raske's) & I'm humbled. U da Man...

Hi to All,

Wow, some nice stuff in this thread. Ard, I haven't seen a streamer waller like that for years. Of all the flies I think streamers are the most beautiful. Salmon flies are right up there but I like streamers.

Hi streamertyer, welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around and get to know our great members. Very nice streamers.

Frank

10. Default Re: A Pair Of Streamer Wallets

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    Whoa!

Now there's something you don't see every day! I gotta tell you that those are perfect!! Are those 3665A 4X long for the hooks?

Where have you been? Why not share more of these beautiful flies? Opps, just checked and see that you're new here, Hi, welcome to the forum.

Ard
    Thanks guys for the kudos. The (larger) hooks are the Gaelic Supreme Martinek Carrie Stevens Rangeley hooks. 8xl size 1.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast