Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  27,128
Page 5 of 708 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 7075
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    571

    Default Re: What have you been tying today?

    Today, I haven't really been tying per se, I've been trying to carve some small bluegill popper bodies to paint at a later date. The ones I've been carving have looked to be perfect size on a 300r hook but I'm not giong to mount them on there, what's a good hook, prefereably something relatively cheap?

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pinedale, WY
    Posts
    19,011
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: What have you been tying today?

    Today I tied two dozen Jumping Jack Blacks in size 22 (Yat: Thanks for posting that great looking pattern) and a dozen Andy Kimís "Yong Special" in size 22.

    Larry
    Larry


  3. #43

    Default Re: What have you been tying today?

    #20 Zebra Midges in olive with red wire (I guess that's more of a tiger midge)

  4. Default Re: What have you been tying today?

    Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Today I tied two dozen Jumping Jack Blacks in size 22 (Yat: Thanks for posting that great looking pattern) and a dozen Andy Kimís "Yong Special" in size 22.

    Larry
    Glad you like that pattern Larry, I'm sure you'll catch fish with it, but I call it Jumpin' Black Flash. This is a Jumpin Jack Black -


    ---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

    Gearing up for a trip to the San Juan mid month so it's stock up on midges and beatis time.
    The olive ones are Stalcups Beatis size 22, the red are Ptails size 20, the others are chocolate WD40s and KF emergers sizes 20-22

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Upper Mojave Desert
    Posts
    1,823

    Default Re: What have you been tying today?

    Oh man that was good, Yat. ROFL. He is "Jumpin".

    Yesterday tied more KG's (yes our KG) South Fork Specials, plus two different patterns of Cicada's. Out of the two I think this was my favorite. A little easier to tie also.
    Periodical Cicada Tutorial

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pinedale, WY
    Posts
    19,011
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: What have you been tying today?

    Quote Originally Posted by yatahey View Post
    Glad you like that pattern Larry, I'm sure you'll catch fish with it, but I call it Jumpin' Black Flash. This is a Jumpin Jack Black -


    ---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

    Gearing up for a trip to the San Juan mid month so it's stock up on midges and beatis time.
    The olive ones are Stalcups Beatis size 22, the red are Ptails size 20, the others are chocolate WD40s and KF emergers sizes 20-22
    Yat: Sorry about that, I just knew I was going to screw that name up, guess I should have looked up the thread before before posting.

    For the San Juan you are going to want to use size 26-28 flies. You might be able to get away with 24's but I wouldn't recommend going larger than that.

    Larry
    Larry


  7. Default Re: What have you been tying today?

    Thanks Larry. I'll have to get some 26s I've got 24s. Can always use the others up here.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Languedoc/near montpellier
    Posts
    6,679
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: What have you been tying today?

    Nice flies guysLarry and Yat how can you old farts see such tiny flies?

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pinedale, WY
    Posts
    19,011
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: What have you been tying today?

    Quote Originally Posted by yatahey View Post
    Thanks Larry. I'll have to get some 26s I've got 24s. Can always use the others up here.
    Yat: I didn't have anything that small either, but when I stopped at Abe's Motel and Fly Shop and bought a half dozen flies, everything he recommended was size 26 or 28.

    Larry
    Larry


  10. Default Re: What have you been tying today?

    Quote Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
    Nice flies guysLarry and Yat how can you old farts see such tiny flies?
    One of these helps JP. I use it on anything smaller that 18.


    ---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Yat: I didn't have anything that small either, but when I stopped at Abe's Motel and Fly Shop and bought a half dozen flies, everything he recommended was size 26 or 28.

    Larry
    I still have time to tie some more tiny flies since we don't leave until the 18th. I did find out from Steve, we'll be staying at Abe's.

Page 5 of 708 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tried something new today
    By Sasha in forum Coldwater Fly Fishing
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 10:14 PM
  2. today
    By troutdoorsman in forum Western U.S.
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 08:26 PM
  3. what did you tie today
    By luked in forum General Fly Tying Discussions
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 06:30 PM
  4. Had a little fun today
    By dmwphoto in forum Mid-Atlantic Area
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 06:26 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 02:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •