Thanks Thanks:  66
Likes Likes:  32,652
Page 835 of 838 FirstFirst ... 335735785825833834835836837 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,350 of 8375

Default Re: What have you been tying today?

Fire-eye Damsel Flye Nymph

One is on a #12 nymph hook and the other on a #6 mosquito circle hook, both tied to ride point up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    People complain about the humidity in Florida... but no one's ever had to shovel humidity to get to his car.

Cool. Now I'm wishing I would have brought my vise and materials to work.

Quote Originally Posted by iv_wjb View Post
    It feels like it’s been ages since I’ve had the time to sit-down and tie some flies... To shake the rust off, I gave Tim Flagler’s “palomino midge” a whirl.

Attachment 15258

Attachment 15259

Here’s the way it should look
    Kevin
    "Fight like you're the 3rd monkey trying to get on Noah's Ark"
    "Not every day is filled with sunshine. Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"
    "If God had intended for man to only fish on weekends, He never would have created the other 5 days of the week."

3. Likes iv_wjb, hairwing530, dennyk liked this post

Well we've been in the negatives for a while here and although I enjoy ice fishing, I am over it. You know its been a long winter when these start coming off the vise haha....

Blog Entries

putzing around

Poor quality materials and tools are destined to discourage beginner tiers and cause greater expense when the time comes to replace them.

Norm

http://flytyingnewandold.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries

Bound for Europe, 8 varied AK. Assassin's on tubes with drop weights and a dozen double loops for the tips............

12715.JPG

It;s about time someone swung one of those where there are Atlantic Salmon, I've been catching Kings on that pattern for ten years this spring. It is the only thing I tie and use for that species and it always works. I send them to B.C. but this will be the first trans Atlantic try

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    Bound for Europe, 8 varied AK. Assassin's on tubes with drop weights and a dozen double loops for the tips............

12715.JPG

It;s about time someone swung one of those where there are Atlantic Salmon, I've been catching Kings on that pattern for ten years this spring. It is the only thing I tie and use for that species and it always works. I send them to B.C. but this will be the first trans Atlantic try
    I'm about to get tubular too when a order arrives. You ever try metal tubes? Ordered some copper tubes for some fast sinking leeches. And large copper tubes for some big streamers.

Blog Entries

Last edited by flytire; 02-12-2019 at 01:57 PM.
    Poor quality materials and tools are destined to discourage beginner tiers and cause greater expense when the time comes to replace them.

Norm

Blog Entries

Norm

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jspfishing View Post
    I'm about to get tubular too when a order arrives. You ever try metal tubes? Ordered some copper tubes for some fast sinking leeches. And large copper tubes for some big streamers.
    I've found that the Pro Tube, now Pro Sportfisher tubes meet my needs better than the HMH or other varieties out there. I do have the copper HMH tubes and they (in the longer lengths) will take a fly down very quickly. Where the problems arise with them is that while I may have both the tackle and experience to hurl such heavy flies, others may not. A second drawback on the HMH tubes is that they require liner tubing which amounts to a second component and additional cost in tying. I've not done a careful comparison of costs between the different sources. The Pro Tube components are expensive but they allow for truly customizing the weights and sizes of the finished flies. I've become about 95% tube flies in the fishing applications. There were several reasons behind the change but I find they work for everything I fish for here.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

11. Likes hairwing530, jspfishing liked this post

Getting ready for some spring bream fishing. I just need Mother Nature to turn the spigot off and give me a couple nice days.

Panfish Charlies on a size 6 Mustard 3366.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

13. Likes hairwing530, kentuckysteve liked this post
Page 835 of 838 FirstFirst ... 335735785825833834835836837 ... LastLast