Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Which Type of Streamer do You Prefer to Tie?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hairwings

10 35.71%
  • Featherwings

5 17.86%
  • Crossovers

3 10.71%
  • I Don't Have a Preferance

10 35.71%

Thread: Which One....

1. Default Which One....

Do you like to tie, featherwings, hairwings, or hybrids,(squirrle spruce or any pattern containing both hair and feathers),? I prefer hairwings, mostly because I can tie decent ones, as oppose to the other two...
    I like organic chicken..... The kind with the capes still on 'em

Blog Entries

Default Re: Which One....

Steelhead,

You should have an all of the above choice. I enjoy tying all of them and dry flies, nymphs, you name it, where I live I have a need for wet flies mostly so I tie streamers and big wets for salmon and trout / steelhead. When I lived in the Mid Atlantic I tied Atlantic salmon flies with married wings but I lived in Pennsylvania and only fished salmon once a year so I didn't need as many as I do here. I tie about a hundred every year and for my salmon and steelhead wets I use mostly hair for the wings. I am however going to begin tying married wing patterns again just to stay in shape at it. I'll post a few when I turn them out,

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

I tie a lot with just bucktail, but also tie a lot of flat wings for SW with a bit of both bucktail and long saddles in the wing.

mark

Being a beginner I've got to phyc up and force myself to tie an upright feather wing so I voted hairwing. Hope to get over that someday. Sure is enjoyable to look at an Adams that I know I tied.

5. Default Re: Which One....

I like to tie feather wings but would rather fish the hairwing.

6. Default Re: Which One....

I don't have a preference over either one because I can tie all of them pretty well, and I use the same amount of them when fishing