Midwest fly fishing expo

araitim

Reaction score
i will be going on Sat. i have big tear drop shaped orange rocks in my ears, if you see me, talk to me. im interested in meeting my forum brothers and sisters in person.

Tim King

thirdyearff

Reaction score
I will be there both days in Kelly Neuman's booth (Streamside custom rods & guide service)

halo7b

Reaction score
Good, glad to see there will be some folks at the show, I'm likely to be there both days, not sure if I'm working or shopping though.
maybe we should meet up around lunch time at the hotdog stand to introduce one another? (just throwing ideas out there)
Jim

HuronRiverDan

Reaction score
Went Saturday, had a great time...I saw Burk and thirdyearflyfisher, and Chromedoggy; I've known him for quite awhile but never knew his forum name, same story for him...Went to a couple of very enjoyable seminars and watched some great tyers...

Dan

popperfly

Reaction score
I have to agree Dan, it was a good show, they estimated 7 to 8 thousand people passed through between Saturday and Sunday. I went all day Saturday and for a couple of hours Sunday before I had to catch my flight back home. There was several tyers there but the one I really enjoyed watching was the young guy from Ohio tying the Muskie flies, what a awesome fly he tied.

popperfly

Reaction score
Was he one of the tyers at the Hatch Magazine booth? They were tying some great looking stuff...

Dan
No, but your right Dan, the Hatch guys were tying some nice flies. This guy was in the aisle right across from the hatch booth, he was the second vendor on the right just up from the guy making nets. I forgot to get one of his business cards, he is one of the few guys tying Muskie flies and they were unbelievable.

thirdyearff

Reaction score
I believe he was from Mad River in Columbus. I can't remember his name but he stopped by the booth I was in and chatted about the Musky Country DVD at great length...he's into 'em!!

It was also a pleasure to have met some of you guys.