Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Default The Snapper Photo Is Always A Crowd Pleaser

The kids in Muscoda yesterday let out a hoot when the snapper photo came out.

Lots of kids just need a push to get out from in front of their computers and game stations. The outdoors is calling!

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Snapper Photo Is Always A Crowd Pleaser

Len: Very cool, anything we can do to get kids outside is a great step forward!

Larry
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by LenHarris View Post

The kids in Muscoda yesterday let out a hoot when the snapper photo came out.

Lots of kids just need a push to get out from in front of their computers and game stations. The outdoors is calling!
    Much agreed...Video game and computer addictions are for real; My wife is a professional counselor and they have had many discussions about "virtual addictions", and the sedentary lifestyle that accompanies them in the Master's program that she just finished. I'm considering being a complete OGRE and not letting my newborn ever own a game console.

That's a big snapper! It has been a while since I've been to BPS in Springfield, but the one there was named JAWS and I think they said he was 50 yrs old? How big is that guy?

4. Default Re: The Snapper Photo Is Always A Crowd Pleaser

about 30 pounds...

did research on snapper.

20 pounds roughly equated to 20 years old.

Also didn't know how to tell what sex they were.

I know now.

Males have fatter tails at base and their waste disposal unit is down the tail

a ways unlike the female's that is near the base of the tail.

Hi Len,

Thanks for sharing your good work.

That photo reminds me of a when I was working on Bocas Del Toro, an island off of the Panama coast. The only thing to eat in the local restaurant was wild rabbit or sea turtle. I was talking to the fisherman who brought in the big turtles because I wanted to go fishing. I asked about his boat and it was a dug out canoe. That surprised me and I wanted to know how do you get a turtle weighing 400 pounds plus into his boat. His answer was he sunk the boat and floated the turtle over the boat and then bailed out the boat and climbed aboard.

Frank

6. Default Re: The Snapper Photo Is Always A Crowd Pleaser

Love to see their reactions when I put the spider and snake photos up.

Thanks Len!
    What did we ever do for fun when we were kids and didn't have computers and video games? Those were some good ol' days!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Len: Very cool, anything we can do to get kids outside is a great step forward!

Larry
    Try throwing the XBox out the window . . .
    "Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark

9. Default Re: The Snapper Photo Is Always A Crowd Pleaser

warm and fuzzy comes next.

10. Default Re: The Snapper Photo Is Always A Crowd Pleaser

Wild Bergamot...Factoid: Was used long ago by native americans in a paste form to cure acne.

Prickly Ash Berries..Factoid: Was used by native americans to soothe tooth aches and for teething babies.