Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default 4/13/11 Dupage River Plainfield IL

Went out today from 1 to 5 and must say best time I have had yet. The weather was beautiful and the water nice and warm. Fished for an hr before I met a nice guy who was boating down. He turned out to be a Dupage river regular. We talked for a few minutes, with him giving me pointers on the smallies in the river. Well after he left 100 ft away from me he brings in a nice smallie ( the place I have been fishing for a week and caught one bass!)... Well I soon changed my fly and approached the river in the different way the last hr 2 hrs I manged 3 smallies all around 14" or so. Well just got a little more addicted after landing those. I wish I had brought my camera. But great day on the river.

Default Re: 4/13/11 Dupage River Plainfield IL

Congrats! I have kayaked a good portion of the river but have not yet fished it. I am looking forward to some smallies, just need to tie up a few more flies. What were you using to catch 'em today?

-Forrest

Blog Entries

Sounds like a good day on the water, once you start figuring a river out it really gets to be addicting! Congrats!

Larry
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by famill00 View Post
    Congrats! I have kayaked a good portion of the river but have not yet fished it. I am looking forward to some smallies, just need to tie up a few more flies. What were you using to catch 'em today?

-Forrest
    Well I was using a 4" white and chartruese clouser deep minnow or whatever they are called. I had been using the smaller 2" clousers all week with only a couple of bites. But after talking to the gentlemen yesterday. He told me that the smallies before the spawn tend to go for all the chad in the river and not until after the spawn with the crayfish flies work. This guy was definitely knowledgeable he said he has been pulling 3lbers out of the dupage already. And he had caught 7 by the time he had met me.

I used his advice and brought in some nice bass

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

Thanks larry too. Your always giving feedback and yes completely addicting I just cant wait to get back out on the water today. I hope I have the time