Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Default I'm new to here, Hi

Hi all,

I am joining in as I need a good place to sit and listen/learn. I've only been flyfishing for 2 years now (fishing for 27) and have learned a lot from some good folks but am always looking to hear more. I'm in IL and have some good fishing just north of me. I would've posted this in a different forum, but since I spend most of my time in IL and WI, that's where I figured I'd make my hellos known. I look forward to your posts.

Mike

2. Default Re: I'm new to here, Hi

Hello Mike

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining. They're a lot good folks here willing to help... so ask and listen all you want.

Thanks,
    Steve

Default Re: I'm new to here, Hi

Welcome to the group. Looking forward to your questions and contributions.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

4. Default Re: I'm new to here, Hi

I am fairly new here. Based in the UK but a lot if the fishing talk here applies to both sides of the pond.
    Host your fishing photos free at Ourfishingphotos.com for easy use in fishing forums.
    List your fishing links at Ourfishingdirectory.com
    Browse & sell fishing boats at Ourfishingboats.com

Default Re: I'm new to here, Hi

Quote Originally Posted by motte View Post
    Hi all,

I am joining in as I need a good place to sit and listen/learn.
    Mike
    Hi Mike welcome to the forum. Don't just sit and listen, join in to the discussions. This is a great forum and no one will flame you. The more people who participate the better the forum.

6. Default Re: I'm new to here, Hi

[img2="left"]http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/geography/unionflag.gif[/img2]Welcome to the forum

It seems this forum has been getting a lot of new members from the UK as well as other parts of the world.

Makubwa is right... a lot if the fishing talk here applies to both sides of the pond.

Welcome to the forum folks... The community of fly fishers is a world wide community. We are as one sharing our thoughts, advice and information about the finest sport on earth.

7. Default Re: I'm new to here, Hi

Hey all,

Thanks for the welcome. I should be posting soon as the steelhead activity starts to heat up. I was out this past Saturday on the Pike River in Kenosha, WI looking to scare up an early chrome. I was thinking too much like a fish as I caught my boot on an exposed twig climbing into the water and did a back flop into 33 degree water. Luckily it was at the end of my time on the water, and I was close to the car. I guess part of catching a fish is not scaring them away.

Yes I can fish, but I guess I can't walk. The next outing is sure to be better than this one.

My question to all. When targeting steelheads in water that looks like chocolate milk, is it better to call it a day or what is a good fly? A dark and big wooly bugger or does something else seem better? I figure big and dark are probably the way to go, but any input would be appreciated.