Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Beautiful day for fishing/scouting

Drove up to Dekalb, Il today and fished the Kishwaukee river for a hour and half. Although it is a river, the section of water I fished was more of a creek but it had promise... at first.

I had seen this creek years ago when I lived in the area for school but at the time I wasn't someone who fished often. This log jam looked nice at first but after tossing fly after fly at every angle I could find with no success I moved on.

I traveled a little further downstream tossing to the shoreline and playing along the cover and different flows. This was a great little hike and I didn't photo as much as I should but will be back in the summer to hit the holes and logjams I scouted out today.

After I was done in Dekalb I returned home to Plainfield. I fished a new creek to me off of lockport street. Lily Cache creek the section of creek I covered was shallow for the most part some places only a few inches deep but I did find holes.

I walked along this creek for an hr and a half with my fly mostly attached to my handle due to the space between fishable waters. I saw a few minnows but not much more than that. No success here either, but will return in the summer as well. Later when I got home I looked up this creek on google earth quickly found out I was fishing some of the narrowest parts of the creek and as a creek as a whole this section was scenic and not where I will expect to fish in the summer. I found some different sections that I will try.

So in the end, I had a great day hiking through some new waters for me and scouted a few places out for the summer. But SKUNKED. Oh well great casting practice for when it counts. So good luck and hope to see you out there.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Beautiful day for fishing/scouting

We all get skunked from time to time, nothing to worry about. Loved your photos of the streams and better luck next time out!
    Larry

Thanks I'm just glad I got to get out on new water. Hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures of fish soon.

Blog Entries

pkins44,
    thats my home river!
    it is slow this time of year, too cold for much activity.
    give it another month and you'll encounter a totally different environment

casey

ARFE

Awesome and glad to hear there are indeed fish in there because nothing I threw in there worked haha. Its slow down here on the dupage river too, I assume its still a bit cold. I cant wait for it to warm up and especially to get back to the Kish. I wish I could've explored more but didn't have long. Maybe Ill see you out there. Good luck

Blog Entries

Hi,

like the fellows have said before me, early season can be a little slow. Here I take a week long float as soon as the ice goes out and if I catch half a dozen in 5 or 6 days it was a good trip. Your pictures and descriptions make it clear that you had a good time just being there.

Great post bud,

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors