Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Devil's Lake, Wisconsin

Has anyone fly fished Devil's Lake near Baraboo, Wisc? I have just entered the world of fly fishing and I am hoping to pop my cherry while on a camping trip up there the first weekend in June.

Default Re: Devil's Lake, Wisconsin

theres fish in there for sure. take a look at this..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkJbPzcbog]Devil's Lake April Hatch Trout Feeding Frenzy by Lyubaka - YouTube[/ame]

Also might be worth your while to take about a 20 minute drive to the town of Lodi. Lodi Creek has some nice trout fishing right in an around town. Easy drive plenty of trout. Also take a look at a map for Rowan Creek (also close). Found a stretch that went through a park just loaded with small browns. Lots of fun as well.

One more to check out is Dell Creek. Found some real nice rainbows feeding under a bridge at a tail out one day. Not as good as the other two though, but super duper close to the lake.
    FP

That right there is a lot of bugs!...

I hear they stock that lake pretty full of trout and other fish. Thanks for the other recommendations! Hopefully, I can break away from the group long enough to explore the other locales. I will have to post some pics of my trip and hopefully my first fish on the fly! And ghocevar, you are right! They be swarmin'!

Thanks