Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Great Lakes Steelhead

I just explored the Rocky River near Cleveland a couple of days ago. Nice river not too wide or deep but not a creek either. Extremely wadable, lots of steelhead moving through the system. It's mostly a metro park so easy access. The metro park is several miles long. The last hole is near the airport and close to the turnpike so it's easy to get to. The ohio dnr has a great map on their website. It's also very close to several of the other steelhead alley rivers so it's easy to move from one river to the next without cutting into your fishing time.

2. Likes N/A liked this post
  3. Default Re: Great Lakes Steelhead

You should contact mad river outfitters and steelhead alley outfitters. Both of these fish and Guide the area you want to fish and can give you betters details as to when and where to go.

4. Default Re: Great Lakes Steelhead

I actually booked a trip with steelhead alley outfitters in March. It should be a good time!

5. Likes ejsell liked this post

I'm good friends with those guys. They know their stuff and you will see fish.
    James Pryal
    Into The Wild Fly Fishing

7. Default Re: Great Lakes Steelhead

Hi I'm due to be in the Cleveland area on 10th Mar, in about 3 to 4 weeks time. I'm just wondering what is the conditions on the river right now? Does it look like that ice may clear in a week or two for the rivers and tribs to be fishable by mid March? Thanks & Best Regards.

All of the reports I've seen say Frozen solid right now with the exception of a few warm water discharge areas and spring fed creeks. Next week there will probably be some very large ice jams and flooding. If the temps stay up and we don't get a lot of rain there should be some good fishing mid march but at the rate we're going we could have snow into June. If you're into ice fishing this has been one of the best years ever.

9. Likes buddhist_palm liked this post

The ice jam on the Rocky river in Cleveland cut loose on Friday.

Rocky River ice jam breaks free; Lakewood officials say threat has passed (video) | cleveland.com

wow, i'm surprised its ice is breaking up already.
    had a get together with a bunch of the locals that fish steelhead up here (wi) and everybody is worried that ice won't be gone for at least 6 weeks. ice on the local rivers right now is thicker and covers everything except right below dams. single digit weather in the 10 day forecast too.

12. Default Re: Great Lakes Steelhead

Quote Originally Posted by ejsell View Post
    The ice jam on the Rocky river in Cleveland cut loose on Friday.

Rocky River ice jam breaks free; Lakewood officials say threat has passed (video) | cleveland.com
    Thanks for the update. Sounds like good news! Is the ice jam breaking free at the Chagrin too? Best Regards.

Chagrin is still locked up - drove over it yesterday in Willoughby and with freezing temps returning this week it doesn't look like it's going to loosen up any time soon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast