looking to plan a salmon fishing trip next season looking for a partner

rustydog32

Reaction score
I am planning on taking a trip next fall for Kings and silvers. I don't have a specific place in mind just looking for some information. I will be taking my whitewater raft which is a AIRE Super Puma set up for one person rowing and 2 fishing. If anyone needs a fishing partner let me know I am planning on fishing for about a week. I am very experienced and just looking to find a place that I can access that is not elbow to elbow with other people.

littledavid123

Reaction score
Rustydog, it may be hard or maybe not :) to find someone to partner with you on the trip until forum members get to know you a little better. Of course this in only a suggestion, would suggest you continue to contribute to the forum and in time as members learn more about you I would repost this thread.

Good Luck...

Dave

pszy22

Reaction score
Sounds like you are going to have to make arrangements to have someone spot your car. If you don't have someone with you driving a second car, there are folks who will do that for a fee on many rivers, at least here in Michigan.

If push comes to shove, you could fish by yourself, use your boat to get where you want to fish, then get out and wade or fish from your anchored boat.

At least here in Michigan, it's not so tough to find a spot, it's just figuring out which river/stretch you'd like to fish.

rustydog32

Reaction score
Sounds like you are going to have to make arrangements to have someone spot your car. If you don't have someone with you driving a second car, there are folks who will do that for a fee on many rivers, at least here in Michigan.

If push comes to shove, you could fish by yourself, use your boat to get where you want to fish, then get out and wade or fish from your anchored boat.

At least here in Michigan, it's not so tough to find a spot, it's just figuring out which river/stretch you'd like to fish.
Finding a way back to the vehicle is the least of my worries. On a river that there are many floats on at all there is usually someone you can call for a shuttle. I don't mind to fish by myself at all but I thought someone local might benefit and enjoy the access of a boat as well.

pszy22

Reaction score
Finding a way back to the vehicle is the least of my worries. On a river that there are many floats on at all there is usually someone you can call for a shuttle. I don't mind to fish by myself at all but I thought someone local might benefit and enjoy the access of a boat as well.
Sounds like you understand the routine.

rustydog32

Reaction score
Sounds like you understand the routine.
I definitely do I spend roughly 200 plus days a year on the water :punk:... Just looking to take a little time off this year and explore something new. Thank you all for the info.