Ohio Steelhead

smp005

Reaction score
My son and I spent the Friday before Christmas chasing steelhead here in Ohio. Turned out to be a good day!! :)

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Last edited:

riderfisher

Reaction score
Nice fish! Wish I'd been able to get out on the water some this past Nov/Dec, but alas, work and wife conspired to limit my recreational activities. Jan/Feb are looking up, though! Leave a couple for me if you would? ?

smp005

Reaction score
No worries - we put them back :)

I know the feeling.. seems like something always comes up to keep me from going!

We were on Conneaut, fished it again the Friday before New Years and got shut out but it still felt great to get out on the water!

I hope to get out more in Feb / Mar and have had good luck in April if the weather permits...

smp005

Reaction score
Yes it is!

John is a great guide and we really enjoy fishing with him. Can't wait till this winter!!

muskiefan

Reaction score
Nice fish! This will be my first steelhead season. From Chagrin River Outfitter's social media, seems like some of the fish are leaving the lake and heading towards the rivers. Looking forward to getting out there.

smp005

Reaction score
Yeah - The reports I see they are starting to move! Depending on the weather I may make a recon trip this weekend. I keep an eye on the CRO website and try to stop by, patronize the store and THEN ask for the latest scoop :)

ejsell

Reaction score
Hoping to get out on the Chagrin next week if everything works out. Got my father-in-law his first steelhead last week in Pa, now need to get my brother-in-law his.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk