Great Lakes

Redbrook

Reaction score
This just turns my stomach. How much more "junk" is going to be dumped in our Great Lakes? How do we stop this from continuing and getting even worse?

littledavid123

Reaction score
This just turns my stomach. How much more "junk" is going to be dumped in our Great Lakes? How do we stop this from continuing and getting even worse?
It's an easy fix really, shut down the commercial shipping and be prepared to pay more for goods.

Dave

sjkirkpa

Reaction score
No. You are incorrect. There are measures that can be taken and are affordable. No method will be 100% effective all the time, but significant improvements can be made. It is a matter of political will and a resilience against the "end of the world as we know it" narrative spouted by the the various shipping and other corporate interests.

We can do more - and at little expense. It is a matter of priorities and a conscious decision that our environment is important enough to save. Ruin our environment and it will cost us tremendously more (and I am talking real dollars, not some ephemeral, feel-good morality, either, although that is true, also) than taking necessary steps to save our waterways.

Sorry for the rant... but these ridiculous knee-jerk responses set me off.

rockriver

Reaction score

rockriver

Reaction score